England futsal star Murphy included in March Town United squad for semi-final clash
ENGLAND futsal star Sam Murphy could appear in a March Town United shirt tonight as the Hares bid to reach their first cup final since 1991.
The 22-year-old, who is back from university for Easter, will be on the bench for March’s Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup semi-final trip to Godmanchester Rovers.
He will be joined in the squad by Deeping Rangers left winger Tony Pascu, who has signed dual registration forms in order to play for Brett Whaley’s Hares.
The March boss said: “It’s a real bonus to have Sam involved. He’s a player I obviously rate and he should be with us for the next few weeks.
“Technically, he’s as good as I have worked with and we are delighted to have him back.”
You may also want to watch:
March’s last appearance in a final was in the Cambs Invitation Cup in 1991. Their last trophy was the Ridgeons Premier Division title in 1987/88.
Whaley said: “All the lads are looking forward to tonight.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
“Godmanchester are second in the league and we haven’t reached a final in a long time so there’s no massive pressure on us.”
Loaned Histon trio Curtis Fulcher, Mattie Waters and Casey Logan are missing for tonight’s clash. Kick-off is at 7.45pm.