England futsal star Murphy included in March Town United squad for semi-final clash
ENGLAND futsal star Sam Murphy could appear in a March Town United shirt tonight as the Hares bid to reach their first cup final since 1991.
The 22-year-old, who is back from university for Easter, will be on the bench for March’s Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup semi-final trip to Godmanchester Rovers.
He will be joined in the squad by Deeping Rangers left winger Tony Pascu, who has signed dual registration forms in order to play for Brett Whaley’s Hares.
The March boss said: “It’s a real bonus to have Sam involved. He’s a player I obviously rate and he should be with us for the next few weeks.
“Technically, he’s as good as I have worked with and we are delighted to have him back.”
March’s last appearance in a final was in the Cambs Invitation Cup in 1991. Their last trophy was the Ridgeons Premier Division title in 1987/88.
Whaley said: “All the lads are looking forward to tonight.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
“Godmanchester are second in the league and we haven’t reached a final in a long time so there’s no massive pressure on us.”
Loaned Histon trio Curtis Fulcher, Mattie Waters and Casey Logan are missing for tonight’s clash. Kick-off is at 7.45pm.