England futsal star Murphy included in March Town United squad for semi-final clash
ENGLAND futsal star Sam Murphy could appear in a March Town United shirt tonight as the Hares bid to reach their first cup final since 1991.
The 22-year-old, who is back from university for Easter, will be on the bench for March’s Ridgeons First Division Knockout Cup semi-final trip to Godmanchester Rovers.
He will be joined in the squad by Deeping Rangers left winger Tony Pascu, who has signed dual registration forms in order to play for Brett Whaley’s Hares.
The March boss said: “It’s a real bonus to have Sam involved. He’s a player I obviously rate and he should be with us for the next few weeks.
“Technically, he’s as good as I have worked with and we are delighted to have him back.”
You may also want to watch:
March’s last appearance in a final was in the Cambs Invitation Cup in 1991. Their last trophy was the Ridgeons Premier Division title in 1987/88.
Whaley said: “All the lads are looking forward to tonight.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
“Godmanchester are second in the league and we haven’t reached a final in a long time so there’s no massive pressure on us.”
Loaned Histon trio Curtis Fulcher, Mattie Waters and Casey Logan are missing for tonight’s clash. Kick-off is at 7.45pm.