Enter men’s 5-a-side tournament to help raise money for March Town United
THE fourth Lenford Cup will be held at March Town United’s GER ground next month to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
Hares captain Luke Pepper is organising the men’s 5-a-side tournament which sees footballers from across Fenland flocking to play on the Hares’ pitch. Pepper - who has organised every tournament held so far - is hoping for another good turnout.
He said: “The tournament is not just about football it’s about getting people in and around the club and giving them a feel for the place.
“Hopefully days like this will attract more people through the gates once the season starts. The day is always a good crack, we have a laugh, and we raise money for the town’s football club which is always a good thing.”
All players must be 16 years and over and teams must contain a maximum of eight members. No more than 24 sides can be involved and entry costs �30 per team.
You may also want to watch:
• To enter a team in the tournament - being held on July 9 - contact Pepper on 07882018412.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site