Enter men’s 5-a-side tournament to help raise money for March Town United
THE fourth Lenford Cup will be held at March Town United’s GER ground next month to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
Hares captain Luke Pepper is organising the men’s 5-a-side tournament which sees footballers from across Fenland flocking to play on the Hares’ pitch. Pepper - who has organised every tournament held so far - is hoping for another good turnout.
He said: “The tournament is not just about football it’s about getting people in and around the club and giving them a feel for the place.
“Hopefully days like this will attract more people through the gates once the season starts. The day is always a good crack, we have a laugh, and we raise money for the town’s football club which is always a good thing.”
All players must be 16 years and over and teams must contain a maximum of eight members. No more than 24 sides can be involved and entry costs �30 per team.
You may also want to watch:
• To enter a team in the tournament - being held on July 9 - contact Pepper on 07882018412.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road