Enter men’s 5-a-side tournament to help raise money for March Town United
THE fourth Lenford Cup will be held at March Town United’s GER ground next month to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
Hares captain Luke Pepper is organising the men’s 5-a-side tournament which sees footballers from across Fenland flocking to play on the Hares’ pitch. Pepper - who has organised every tournament held so far - is hoping for another good turnout.
He said: “The tournament is not just about football it’s about getting people in and around the club and giving them a feel for the place.
“Hopefully days like this will attract more people through the gates once the season starts. The day is always a good crack, we have a laugh, and we raise money for the town’s football club which is always a good thing.”
All players must be 16 years and over and teams must contain a maximum of eight members. No more than 24 sides can be involved and entry costs �30 per team.
• To enter a team in the tournament - being held on July 9 - contact Pepper on 07882018412.
- 1 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops