Enter men’s 5-a-side tournament to help raise money for March Town United
THE fourth Lenford Cup will be held at March Town United’s GER ground next month to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
Hares captain Luke Pepper is organising the men’s 5-a-side tournament which sees footballers from across Fenland flocking to play on the Hares’ pitch. Pepper - who has organised every tournament held so far - is hoping for another good turnout.
He said: “The tournament is not just about football it’s about getting people in and around the club and giving them a feel for the place.
“Hopefully days like this will attract more people through the gates once the season starts. The day is always a good crack, we have a laugh, and we raise money for the town’s football club which is always a good thing.”
All players must be 16 years and over and teams must contain a maximum of eight members. No more than 24 sides can be involved and entry costs �30 per team.
You may also want to watch:
• To enter a team in the tournament - being held on July 9 - contact Pepper on 07882018412.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement