Ex-Wisbech Town striker and Soham boss Furnell insists Cousins will shine at Step 4
FORMER Wisbech Town striker Andy Furnell has insisted Paul Cousins will be a huge success at Step 4 of the non-league pyramid.
Soham Town Rangers boss Furnell signed his former Fenmen team-mate - who will now play at his highest-ever level - after he was released by Step 5 outfit King’s Lynn Town following an internal dispute.
Furnell said: “It was a marvellous bit of business, he is going to make a big impact.
“He will bring a bit of steel to the back line and he takes no prisoners. I’m Paul’s friend and I spent a lot of time with him last season at Wisbech so I know he will get on well here.
“I think once he settles in and sees what we are about he’ll want to stay.”
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Chris Bacon and Paul Jones earned Steve Appleby’s side a 2-2 draw at Gorleston in the Ridgeons Premier Division on Saturday.
The Fenmen host Kirkley & Pakefield in a league match on Saturday before entertaining Littleport Town in the Cambs Invitation Cup First Round on Tuesday.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Callum Reed, Neal Spafford and Simon Ashton (all suspended) will miss the Kirkley game. Liam Nimmo (work) may miss both matches.