Ex-Wisbech Town striker and Soham boss Furnell insists Cousins will shine at Step 4
FORMER Wisbech Town striker Andy Furnell has insisted Paul Cousins will be a huge success at Step 4 of the non-league pyramid.
Soham Town Rangers boss Furnell signed his former Fenmen team-mate - who will now play at his highest-ever level - after he was released by Step 5 outfit King’s Lynn Town following an internal dispute.
Furnell said: “It was a marvellous bit of business, he is going to make a big impact.
“He will bring a bit of steel to the back line and he takes no prisoners. I’m Paul’s friend and I spent a lot of time with him last season at Wisbech so I know he will get on well here.
“I think once he settles in and sees what we are about he’ll want to stay.”
Goals from Chris Bacon and Paul Jones earned Steve Appleby’s side a 2-2 draw at Gorleston in the Ridgeons Premier Division on Saturday.
The Fenmen host Kirkley & Pakefield in a league match on Saturday before entertaining Littleport Town in the Cambs Invitation Cup First Round on Tuesday.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 10 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
Callum Reed, Neal Spafford and Simon Ashton (all suspended) will miss the Kirkley game. Liam Nimmo (work) may miss both matches.