Ex-Wisbech Town striker and Soham boss Furnell insists Cousins will shine at Step 4
FORMER Wisbech Town striker Andy Furnell has insisted Paul Cousins will be a huge success at Step 4 of the non-league pyramid.
Soham Town Rangers boss Furnell signed his former Fenmen team-mate - who will now play at his highest-ever level - after he was released by Step 5 outfit King’s Lynn Town following an internal dispute.
Furnell said: “It was a marvellous bit of business, he is going to make a big impact.
“He will bring a bit of steel to the back line and he takes no prisoners. I’m Paul’s friend and I spent a lot of time with him last season at Wisbech so I know he will get on well here.
“I think once he settles in and sees what we are about he’ll want to stay.”
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Chris Bacon and Paul Jones earned Steve Appleby’s side a 2-2 draw at Gorleston in the Ridgeons Premier Division on Saturday.
The Fenmen host Kirkley & Pakefield in a league match on Saturday before entertaining Littleport Town in the Cambs Invitation Cup First Round on Tuesday.
- 1 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 5 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Callum Reed, Neal Spafford and Simon Ashton (all suspended) will miss the Kirkley game. Liam Nimmo (work) may miss both matches.