Exciting times at karate school
THE latest black belt grading session may have been a tough one for students at Samurai Black Belt Karate School, but they put in a gutsy performance to gain a 100 per cent pass rate. All seven students taking part in the grading at the Hudson Leisure Cen
THE latest black belt grading session may have been a tough one for students at Samurai Black Belt Karate
School, but they put in a gutsy performance to gain a 100 per cent pass rate.
All seven students taking part in the grading at the Hudson Leisure Centre, Wisbech, had to demonstrate their skills in a five hour session that tested all aspects of karate.
Following a physical section testing basic, combination and power techniques, students were put through their paces in kata and kumite sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Sensei Steve King said: "Everyone was exhausted at the end of the grading and I am very proud of them all.
"We have now achieved more than 25 dan grade passes in the last six years and we have many more potential dan grades coming through. It is a very exciting time for our school."
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Father and son Colin and Ryan Gowler passed senior black belt 1st dan and junior black belt 1st dan respectively.
Phil Webb passed senior black belt 1st dan while Joshua Manning, Callum Wagstaff, Ashley Singer and
Matthew Farrow all passed junior black belt 1st dan.
In a separate brown belt grading, 20 Samurai students achieved new grades from 3rd kyu to 1st kyu.
Paige Webb, Emily Sawyer and Alex Lawrence produced their best grading performances to date, Sue
Belcher showed excellent focus and determination and Julian Wagstaff completed the session despite a knee injury.