EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Thompson signs for March Town United in search of ‘attractive football’
MIDFIELDER Lewis Thompson has walked out on Ely City and signed for March Town United... because he wants to play “attractive football”.
The former Wisbech Town talent snubbed an approach from Hares boss Paul Crosbie in July, choosing to take up an offer from Ely instead.
But Thompson, who will make his March debut on Saturday, said he had become frustrated with the Robins’ style of play.
“They play football like Stoke City,” he said. “They just clip it long and get it in the box to see what happens. I didn’t really touch the ball much in the games I played.
“I want to play football the right way and Paul has always said he wants to do that.”
You may also want to watch:
• FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK’S PAPER.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite