EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Thompson signs for March Town United in search of ‘attractive football’
MIDFIELDER Lewis Thompson has walked out on Ely City and signed for March Town United... because he wants to play “attractive football”.
The former Wisbech Town talent snubbed an approach from Hares boss Paul Crosbie in July, choosing to take up an offer from Ely instead.
But Thompson, who will make his March debut on Saturday, said he had become frustrated with the Robins’ style of play.
“They play football like Stoke City,” he said. “They just clip it long and get it in the box to see what happens. I didn’t really touch the ball much in the games I played.
“I want to play football the right way and Paul has always said he wants to do that.”
You may also want to watch:
• FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK’S PAPER.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years