EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Thompson signs for March Town United in search of ‘attractive football’
MIDFIELDER Lewis Thompson has walked out on Ely City and signed for March Town United... because he wants to play “attractive football”.
The former Wisbech Town talent snubbed an approach from Hares boss Paul Crosbie in July, choosing to take up an offer from Ely instead.
But Thompson, who will make his March debut on Saturday, said he had become frustrated with the Robins’ style of play.
“They play football like Stoke City,” he said. “They just clip it long and get it in the box to see what happens. I didn’t really touch the ball much in the games I played.
“I want to play football the right way and Paul has always said he wants to do that.”
You may also want to watch:
• FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK’S PAPER.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 9 March Town United in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'