EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Thompson signs for March Town United in search of ‘attractive football’
MIDFIELDER Lewis Thompson has walked out on Ely City and signed for March Town United... because he wants to play “attractive football”.
The former Wisbech Town talent snubbed an approach from Hares boss Paul Crosbie in July, choosing to take up an offer from Ely instead.
But Thompson, who will make his March debut on Saturday, said he had become frustrated with the Robins’ style of play.
“They play football like Stoke City,” he said. “They just clip it long and get it in the box to see what happens. I didn’t really touch the ball much in the games I played.
“I want to play football the right way and Paul has always said he wants to do that.”
• FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK’S PAPER.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack