EXCLUSIVE: March can’t wait to Sey-mour of Steve as Aussie all-rounder plots four-game return
REINFORCEMENTS are due to arrive at March Town Cricket Club next month as Australian star Steve Seymour makes a timely return to The Avenue.
The all-rounder, who starred as March’s overseas player in the 2008/09 seasons, will be available for four games during a holiday to England.
Seymour produced the performance of his career earlier this year when he took five wickets for his Australian state side against the touring Sri Lankans.
Former batsman Andrew Mills, who lives in Australia, also looks set to return for a handful of matches.
The news is a welcome boost to March, who have struggled with the bat this season and sit eighth in the Tucker Gardner Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Chris Ringham said: “It’s nice to have that safety net, knowing these guys are coming over, but it’s the regular players that have to step up. We can’t expect players to keep flying over from the other side of the world.
“We almost hid behind Matt Wilcox (former overseas player) and his performances last year. That papered over the cracks a bit.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
March were bowled our for 91 on Saturday in a 111-run thrashing at Foxton.
Ringham said: “The worrying thing is that we seem to be getting ourselves out rather than the opposition running through us. As a captain watching, it’s very frustrating.
“We are going to re-jig the order this week.”