EXCLUSIVE: Meet Wisbech darts team’s new recruit: Three-time world champion Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams
HE is a three-time world champion who has won more England caps than any other player in the history of the game.
But Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams has also become the latest addition to Wisbech Town’s darts team.
The 56-year-old has agreed to play for the Wisbech side in the Cambridgeshire Men’s Superleague, which starts this month.
He has played in the league for almost 25 years and represented Rileys in Peterborough last season.
Adams said: “I fancied a change of scenery, so I thought why not?
You may also want to watch:
“I know one or two of the lads who play in the team so they won’t be total strangers.
“I’ve never actually been to the Wisbech venue, so from that point of view it’s all new ground!”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
Adams, from Deeping St James, has won the BDO World Championship three times and is England’s longest serving captain.
“I always enjoy playing at whatever level,” he said. “There’s still records to be broken and cups to win.
“There are one or two players who don’t know that I still play in the local leagues and they always get a bit of a shock when I turn up!”
Adams said he hoped to play a few league games this season - but his availability may be limited by major championships and international fixtures.