FA CUP REACTION: Fenmen boss Appleby delighted with reaction of players after derby win
DELIGHTED Fenmen boss Steve Appleby praised the reaction of his players after Wisbech Town beat March Town United in the FA Cup at the second attempt.
Appleby was furious with his side’s limp display in Saturday’s 1-1 draw but admitted his team deserved their 3-2 win in Tuesday’s replay.
The Fenmen boss said: “We started with a high tempo and I thought the lads worked tremendously hard for each other.
“I said if we did that our quality would show through and I think first half in particular you could see the difference. Our class shone through in the end even if we were poor on Saturday.
“I played three in midfield to get more of the ball and played Liam Nimmo behind Chris Bacon and Nick Davey to try and drag March out a bit.
You may also want to watch:
“The three lads up top were superb and the three in midfield absolutely worked their socks off. The response I got from my players was first class.”
Appleby praised March for how they performed in both games and said the ties were fantastic occasions for football in the area.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
The Fenmen travel to Diss Town tomorrow before hosting Haverhill Rovers on Tuesday in Ridgeons Premier Division matches.