FA CUP REACTION: Fenmen boss Appleby delighted with reaction of players after derby win
DELIGHTED Fenmen boss Steve Appleby praised the reaction of his players after Wisbech Town beat March Town United in the FA Cup at the second attempt.
Appleby was furious with his side’s limp display in Saturday’s 1-1 draw but admitted his team deserved their 3-2 win in Tuesday’s replay.
The Fenmen boss said: “We started with a high tempo and I thought the lads worked tremendously hard for each other.
“I said if we did that our quality would show through and I think first half in particular you could see the difference. Our class shone through in the end even if we were poor on Saturday.
“I played three in midfield to get more of the ball and played Liam Nimmo behind Chris Bacon and Nick Davey to try and drag March out a bit.
You may also want to watch:
“The three lads up top were superb and the three in midfield absolutely worked their socks off. The response I got from my players was first class.”
Appleby praised March for how they performed in both games and said the ties were fantastic occasions for football in the area.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
The Fenmen travel to Diss Town tomorrow before hosting Haverhill Rovers on Tuesday in Ridgeons Premier Division matches.