Fancy yourself as the next Andy Murray? Showcase your skills at Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club for free this month
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club is offering budding tennis stars the chance to try their hand at the sport for free this summer at their Great British Tennis Weekend event.
The Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW), which is to be held at the club between 1pm and 4pm on Sunday May 15, is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign, driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
In 2015, almost 2,000 events took place at over 1,000 venues with over 50,000 session bookings taken and tens of thousands of walk-ups attending on the day.
Chatteris Tennis Club is delighted to once again have the opportunity to be involved by opening their doors and providing sessions for people of any age, ability or background to come and play some tennis.
Rackets and balls will be provided, so whether you’ve never picked up a racket before or you’re a seasoned regular – there is fun to be had - and a BBQ too.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome and club members will be on hand to offer support and assistance if required.
The Courts are located in St Peters Drive, just off New Road in Chatteris. For further information please visit www.chatteristennis.com or phone 01354 695014.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal