Fantastic Fenland Gymnastics Academy jump for joy after county success
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy starlets experienced a fantastic start to their season after two of their members were crowned county champions and five went through to the regional finals at a grading event.
The young gymnasts travelled to Huntington to take part in the Cambridgeshire County Club Grades last Saturday, and kicked off the competition with a clean sweep in the compulsory six, with Talia Craigen being crowned county champion and Amber Sutton, Eve White and Harriet Clark finishins in second, third and fourth respectively.
In the club grade six, eight-year-old Ebonie Goode walked away with a distinction and sixth place and Kaci Adams received a commended and tenth place. In the age nine and 10 category, Emilija Stonkute performed beautifully to gain a distinction and seal second place.
Isabella Brownlow and Lily Gowler both bagged distinctions in the club grade five, finishing second and third respectively. Kacia Craigen also performed well, securing a commended and fourth place.
Skye Dawson competed in the age 12 and over age group, and did the Fenland club proud by becoming county champion.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Wake and Paige Markham also received distinctions after finishing in seventh and third respectively in the regional grade four, and Leona Ryan, Emma Elam and Maddie Goode finished all within the top twenty in the grade three competition.
Katie Grant produced a dazzling display in the 13 and over age group, which earned her second place.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
Finally in the regional grade one competition - the highest grade of the day - Khiaeasa Dilley surged to second place in the age 15 and over.
Stonkute, Brownlow, Gowler, Markham and Dilley’s brilliant performances were good enough to secure them a place in the East Regional Finals on May 1.
Fenland Gymnastics Academy head coach Claire Stock was delighted with her gymnasts’ progress. She said: “I am extremely pleased with the results from the County Grades competition - all our gymnasts performed beautifully and the results really reflect that.
“Our team of volunteer coaches has worked very hard getting the gymnasts ready for the competition and walking away with two county Champions, 10 medals and five gymnasts through to Regional Finals is a great reward for us all.
“We are now looking forward to the National Grades and Compulsory competitions later on this month.”