Father and son attack
DODDINGTON Cricket Club s first XI continued their good season with a solid victory away to Sawston in CCA Senior League Division Three on Saturday. Fine bowling from Adam Costall (3-51) was backed up by two wicket hauls for both Antony and Mathew Bamford
DODDINGTON Cricket Club's first XI continued their good season with a solid victory away to Sawston in CCA Senior League Division Three on Saturday.
Fine bowling from Adam Costall (3-51) was backed up by two wicket hauls for both Antony and Mathew Bamford, and the home side were restricted to 174-8 from 45 overs.
Doddington reached their target with ease and lost only two wickets in their 30-over reply.
Kiran Brahmbhatt top scored with 67, while Antony Bamford made 42 not out and Harry Vaheesan 32.
You may also want to watch:
Doddington II made it a good weekend for the club when they won their home CCA match against Bluntisham on Saturday.
The top four batsmen made their mark for the home side with Martyn Bentley (48), Jake
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
Wenman (33), Pat O'Connor (47) and Scott Bamford (37) helping Doddington to a good score of 193-5.
Doddington's bowling attack was spearheaded by father and son Bob and Ivan Burgess, who returned 3-28 and 3-19 respectively.
Kevin Smith also picked up two wickets to help bring Bluntisham's innings to an end on 171-9.
Tomorrow, the first team travel to Cambs Granta III and the seconds host Wimblington.
- CHATTERIS' first team game at home to Milton was cancelled due to the bad weather and an unplayable pitch. They remain top of CCA Junior League Division One and travel to Littleport tomorrow (Saturday).