Father and son face off in Fenland pool league’s doubles final
FAMILY bragging rights were at stake when a father and son faced off against each other during a Fenland pool league’s doubles final.
Karl Wales and his dad Chris, both from March, reached the Cherry Automatics March and District Pool League Doubles Knock-Out Cup Final with their respective partners.
The night belonged to 30-year-old Karl who along with his partner Grant Watson thumped Chris and Stuart Dolton 5-0 in a best of nine-frame clash.
Karl said: “I gave my dad a bit of stick prior to the game so I felt a bit of pressure to get one over him.
“I probably wouldn’t have been able to live it down had we lost but to be honest the scoreline was a bit unfair. My mum didn’t watch as she probably didn’t want to take sides but I’ve not really ripped my dad since.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I’ll still remind him about it from time to time, just for bragging rights of course.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack