Father and son face off in Fenland pool league’s doubles final
FAMILY bragging rights were at stake when a father and son faced off against each other during a Fenland pool league’s doubles final.
Karl Wales and his dad Chris, both from March, reached the Cherry Automatics March and District Pool League Doubles Knock-Out Cup Final with their respective partners.
The night belonged to 30-year-old Karl who along with his partner Grant Watson thumped Chris and Stuart Dolton 5-0 in a best of nine-frame clash.
Karl said: “I gave my dad a bit of stick prior to the game so I felt a bit of pressure to get one over him.
“I probably wouldn’t have been able to live it down had we lost but to be honest the scoreline was a bit unfair. My mum didn’t watch as she probably didn’t want to take sides but I’ve not really ripped my dad since.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I’ll still remind him about it from time to time, just for bragging rights of course.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies