Father and son face off in Fenland pool league’s doubles final
FAMILY bragging rights were at stake when a father and son faced off against each other during a Fenland pool league’s doubles final.
Karl Wales and his dad Chris, both from March, reached the Cherry Automatics March and District Pool League Doubles Knock-Out Cup Final with their respective partners.
The night belonged to 30-year-old Karl who along with his partner Grant Watson thumped Chris and Stuart Dolton 5-0 in a best of nine-frame clash.
Karl said: “I gave my dad a bit of stick prior to the game so I felt a bit of pressure to get one over him.
“I probably wouldn’t have been able to live it down had we lost but to be honest the scoreline was a bit unfair. My mum didn’t watch as she probably didn’t want to take sides but I’ve not really ripped my dad since.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I’ll still remind him about it from time to time, just for bragging rights of course.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal