Female footballers at March school suffer English Schools FA Cup extra-time heartbreak
FEMALE footballers at Neale-Wade Community College suffered extra-time heartbreak as they bowed out of the English Schools FA Cup at the quarter-final stage.
The school’s talented under-15s side lost 2-1 to Kennet School from Newbury at the GER last Monday. Neale-Wade started slowly, conceding an early goal but gradually grew into the game and equalised through Georgia Thorpe.
Eilish Brown’s stunning late free-kick nearly secured a deserved victory but her fine effort cannoned back off the crossbar.
Neale-Wade continued to dominate the game during extra-time but Kennet snuck a late winner against the run of play.
Coach Dave Kenning praised the girls efforts and hoped to gain some consolation by winning the county cup for the third year in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Neale-Wade: Dani Westgate, Jade Anderson, Alana Sugden, Danielle Croucher, Rosie Coe, Eilish Brown, Frances Peeling, Aimee Wilson, Heather Nicholls, Georgia Thorphe, Abbie Loosemore, Emma Searle, Alesi Willet, Nicole Butler
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years