Female footballers at March school suffer English Schools FA Cup extra-time heartbreak
FEMALE footballers at Neale-Wade Community College suffered extra-time heartbreak as they bowed out of the English Schools FA Cup at the quarter-final stage.
The school’s talented under-15s side lost 2-1 to Kennet School from Newbury at the GER last Monday. Neale-Wade started slowly, conceding an early goal but gradually grew into the game and equalised through Georgia Thorpe.
Eilish Brown’s stunning late free-kick nearly secured a deserved victory but her fine effort cannoned back off the crossbar.
Neale-Wade continued to dominate the game during extra-time but Kennet snuck a late winner against the run of play.
Coach Dave Kenning praised the girls efforts and hoped to gain some consolation by winning the county cup for the third year in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Neale-Wade: Dani Westgate, Jade Anderson, Alana Sugden, Danielle Croucher, Rosie Coe, Eilish Brown, Frances Peeling, Aimee Wilson, Heather Nicholls, Georgia Thorphe, Abbie Loosemore, Emma Searle, Alesi Willet, Nicole Butler
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre