Female footballers at March school suffer English Schools FA Cup extra-time heartbreak
FEMALE footballers at Neale-Wade Community College suffered extra-time heartbreak as they bowed out of the English Schools FA Cup at the quarter-final stage.
The school’s talented under-15s side lost 2-1 to Kennet School from Newbury at the GER last Monday. Neale-Wade started slowly, conceding an early goal but gradually grew into the game and equalised through Georgia Thorpe.
Eilish Brown’s stunning late free-kick nearly secured a deserved victory but her fine effort cannoned back off the crossbar.
Neale-Wade continued to dominate the game during extra-time but Kennet snuck a late winner against the run of play.
Coach Dave Kenning praised the girls efforts and hoped to gain some consolation by winning the county cup for the third year in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Neale-Wade: Dani Westgate, Jade Anderson, Alana Sugden, Danielle Croucher, Rosie Coe, Eilish Brown, Frances Peeling, Aimee Wilson, Heather Nicholls, Georgia Thorphe, Abbie Loosemore, Emma Searle, Alesi Willet, Nicole Butler
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized