Fen darts players Steve and Dennis join forces to win England Darts Organisation pairs title
- Credit: Archant
Two Fenland darts players teamed up with an England star to become national champions.
Steve Carrett, of Nordelph, and Dennis Harbour, of Wisbech, who have played together for Cambridgeshire, came from behind to beat Ricky Williams and Aaron Monk 3-2 in the England Darts Organisation Men’s Pairs final at Selsey.
Their win qualifies them for the World Masters and English Open.
It is not the first time Carrett, a police officer who plays his darts at No More Bets, has become a national champion.
Twelve months ago, he beat George Killington 7-6 in a thrilling final to clinch the England Darts Organisation National Men’s Singles crown at Hull Arena.
You may also want to watch:
Carrett said: “For some reason, I seem to do well at the English. Dennis is in the England team and we have played together before for Cambridgeshire. He’s number one in the county, I’m number two, so we decided to pair up.
“They were 2-0 up in the final but we fought back to make it 3-2. In the games preceding the final, we scored very heavily.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
His previous year’s triumph was a big help to Carrett, who first picked up a set of darts only 12 years ago.
He said: “When you are in that position, with that pressure, there’s no substitute for experience. Dennis is a lot more experienced than me, but I seem to be learning fast.”