FEN DERBY GALLERY: Ogbonna junior bags brace as Wisbech Town beat gutsy March Town United 4-0
TEENAGER Toby Ogbonna proved he had the same eye for goal as his brother as his brace set Wisbech Town on their way to a 4-0 win over March Town United in the Fen Derby.
The scoreline was harsh on Paul Crosbie’s Hares, who showed how far they have come since their 8-1 pasting against the Fenmen in July’s pre-season clash.
March’s energy and determination meant they contained Wisbech in the first half, but two goals in seven second-half minutes from Toby Ogbonna - younger brother of star striker Dubi - effectively killed the tie.
The Hares, who were being driven on by former Fenmen players Max Mattless, Lewis Thompson, Sam Darlow and Danny Emmington, went to three at the back in a bid to get back into the game.
But the attacking move left holes at the back for Wisbech to exploit and two late goals put a gloss on the scoreline for Steve Appleby’s troops.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Lewis Clayton toasted his birthday with a goal in the 87th minute as he headed home Scott Johnson’s centre at the back post.
The win was sealed three minutes later by Appleby’s two other substitutes, Matt Lunn and Darren Jimson. Jimson’s delightful chipped pass was stylishly converted by Lunn and Wisbech were left to celebrate their second Fen Derby win of the season.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Wisbech’s reward for winning the Red Insure (League) Cup preliminary clash will be a home tie against Newmarket Town in the next round.
• FOR FULL REACTION TO THE FEN DERBY SEE THIS WEEK’S PAPER.