SNOOKER: Fine comeback from ‘Fen Potter’ Joe Perry as he reaches UK Championship quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry produced a stunning comeback to reach the quarter-finals of the UK Championship this afternoon.
Perry trailed 3-1 to Judd Trump at one stage of a last 16 clash at the Barbican Centre in York, but recovered to triumph 6-4.
Trump took the opener with an 81 break before Perry responded to level with a run of 75.
Trump then eased into the driving seat by opening up a 3-1 advantage at mid-session interval, but Perry piled up a break of 100 to cut the deficit before levelling in a low-scoring sixth frame.
A century break allowed Trump to go 4-3 up, but Perry then reeled off three successive frames to advance, closing out a fine victory with a 136 clearance.
You may also want to watch:
Perry will now face Tom Ford in the last eight tomorrow.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school