SNOOKER: Fine comeback from ‘Fen Potter’ Joe Perry as he reaches UK Championship quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry produced a stunning comeback to reach the quarter-finals of the UK Championship this afternoon.
Perry trailed 3-1 to Judd Trump at one stage of a last 16 clash at the Barbican Centre in York, but recovered to triumph 6-4.
Trump took the opener with an 81 break before Perry responded to level with a run of 75.
Trump then eased into the driving seat by opening up a 3-1 advantage at mid-session interval, but Perry piled up a break of 100 to cut the deficit before levelling in a low-scoring sixth frame.
A century break allowed Trump to go 4-3 up, but Perry then reeled off three successive frames to advance, closing out a fine victory with a 136 clearance.
You may also want to watch:
Perry will now face Tom Ford in the last eight tomorrow.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence