SNOOKER: Fine comeback from ‘Fen Potter’ Joe Perry as he reaches UK Championship quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry produced a stunning comeback to reach the quarter-finals of the UK Championship this afternoon.
Perry trailed 3-1 to Judd Trump at one stage of a last 16 clash at the Barbican Centre in York, but recovered to triumph 6-4.
Trump took the opener with an 81 break before Perry responded to level with a run of 75.
Trump then eased into the driving seat by opening up a 3-1 advantage at mid-session interval, but Perry piled up a break of 100 to cut the deficit before levelling in a low-scoring sixth frame.
A century break allowed Trump to go 4-3 up, but Perry then reeled off three successive frames to advance, closing out a fine victory with a 136 clearance.
You may also want to watch:
Perry will now face Tom Ford in the last eight tomorrow.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart