Fen Potter Joe Perry surrenders 3-0 lead to crash out of Welsh Open
- Credit: Archant
FEN Potter Joe Perry threw away a 3-0 lead as an Alan McManus fightback dumped him out of the Welsh Open.
The Chatteris star produced his best performance of the season to whitewash world number one and reigning UK and Masters champion Mark Selby 4-0 on Wednesday.
He began last night’s last 16 clash in the same mood, making breaks of 55 and 80 on his way to claiming the first three frames.
But world number 55 McManus rallied, restricting Perry’s chances of winning the frame he needed to secure a quarter-final spot. The Scot won four frames in a row, with breaks of 27 and 46 enough to clinch the decider and set up a clash with Stephen Maguire.
Perry, the current world number 19, failed to qualify for this year’s UK Championship but he is battling to re-enter the game’s top-16 for a record fourth time.
You may also want to watch:
In November, he told The Cambs Times: “I’ve played snooker all my life. When I win I feel 18 and when I lose I feel 58. I’ll just keep plugging away.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’