Fenland begin their Frostbite campaign on the front foot
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club began their Frostbite Friendly League campaign in good form.
The team completed a five-mile off-road course in St Neots, with Tim Chapman leading them home in 33mins 37secs to finish 95th from a field of 477.
A strong performance and personal best came from Adam Chown in 34mins 45secs to finish 125th and Sarah Gauvin led the ladies home in 36mins 29secs to place 177th.
Elsewhere, club chairman Andre Pittock and coach Gary Bligh ran the 42km Monster Ultra from Ely to Cambridge and back, and Gary finished ninth in 6hrs 21mins) in a field of 50 finishers. Andre found the distance tough and came home 31st in 8hrs 27mins.
Sarah Rippon represented the club in her first sprint duathlon in Huntingdon and finished in 124th, having run 5km, cycled 20km and then run a further 2.5km in 1 hour 43mins 33secs.
Frostbite results: Tim Chapman 33.37 (95th); Adam Chown 34.45 (125th); Rod Sinnott 34.49 (126th); John Chapman 34.56 (129th); Paul Wiegand 35.24 (145th); Clive Harrod 35.43 (156th); Sarah Gauvin 36.29 (177th); Ian Milburn 38.08 (219th); Keith Hall 38.11 (221st); Ann Trett 38.36 (237th); Tom Salway 38.59 (246th); Ian King 39.08 (251st); Marc Martin 39.36 (264th); Jay Gilbert 40.23 (288th); Neil Bailey 43.34 (350th); Alison Patterson 47.27 (395th); Cheryl Chapman 47.29 (396th); Tracy Furr 50.58 (423rd).
- 1 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops