Fenland begin their Frostbite campaign on the front foot
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club began their Frostbite Friendly League campaign in good form.
The team completed a five-mile off-road course in St Neots, with Tim Chapman leading them home in 33mins 37secs to finish 95th from a field of 477.
A strong performance and personal best came from Adam Chown in 34mins 45secs to finish 125th and Sarah Gauvin led the ladies home in 36mins 29secs to place 177th.
Elsewhere, club chairman Andre Pittock and coach Gary Bligh ran the 42km Monster Ultra from Ely to Cambridge and back, and Gary finished ninth in 6hrs 21mins) in a field of 50 finishers. Andre found the distance tough and came home 31st in 8hrs 27mins.
Sarah Rippon represented the club in her first sprint duathlon in Huntingdon and finished in 124th, having run 5km, cycled 20km and then run a further 2.5km in 1 hour 43mins 33secs.
You may also want to watch:
Frostbite results: Tim Chapman 33.37 (95th); Adam Chown 34.45 (125th); Rod Sinnott 34.49 (126th); John Chapman 34.56 (129th); Paul Wiegand 35.24 (145th); Clive Harrod 35.43 (156th); Sarah Gauvin 36.29 (177th); Ian Milburn 38.08 (219th); Keith Hall 38.11 (221st); Ann Trett 38.36 (237th); Tom Salway 38.59 (246th); Ian King 39.08 (251st); Marc Martin 39.36 (264th); Jay Gilbert 40.23 (288th); Neil Bailey 43.34 (350th); Alison Patterson 47.27 (395th); Cheryl Chapman 47.29 (396th); Tracy Furr 50.58 (423rd).
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart