Fenland conquers the world! Local fighters crowned champions at WKC World Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fenland’s finest fighters have been impressing on the world stage.
A group of Fenland BCKA talents went head-to-head with fighters from across the world, including Spain, Germany, Pakistan and Egypt at the WKC World Championships in Portugal, and did their club proud by sealing victories in a handful of categories.
Jaden Harris, Leon Gold, Eddy Paddock and Freya Molloy were crowned world champion in three different categories, while Ashton Brannigan scooped medals in two categories.
Coach, Andy Whitwell, said: “They had all trained so hard and the dedication paid off,” he said. “I always say to them “train hard, fight easy,” and once again this is the case.
“The fitness is superb and helps the fighters to maintain the pressure throughout their fights. They are a credit and an example to all martial artists and sports persons. I’m very proud of them.”
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
Junior Women -50kg Points - World Champion
Junior Women -50kg Continuous - World Champion
Ladies -60kg Continuous - World Champion
Ladies -60kg Points - Silver
Ladies -55kg Points - Bronze
Men’s -75kg Points - World Champion
Men’s -75kg Continuous - World Champion
Men’s Team - World Champion
Traditional Chinese style Kata - Silver
Traditional Weapons Kata - Silver
Boys -35kg Continuous - Bronze
Boys team - Silver
Cadet Boys -55kg Points - World Champion
Junior Boys -60kg Points - World Champion
Cadet Boys -55kg Continuous - World Champion
Cadet Boys Team - Silver
Cadet Girls +60kg Points - World Champion
Cadet Girls +60kg Continuous - World Champion
Ladies -65kg Points - World Champion