Fenland cricket round-up: August 10-11
- Credit: Archant
Kurt Cunningham’s century helps Chatteris II clinch the CCA Junior Cup
KURT Cunningham and Matt Hollis put on an unbeaten 157 run partnership to see Chatteris II through to CCA Junior Cup glory.
They beat Cherry Hinton by seven wickets in the final on Sunday.
Chasing 209 to win, Chatteris II were struggling on 52-3 but Cunningham, who made an outstanding 123 not out, and Hollis’ unbeaten 68 saw them home.
You may also want to watch:
PETE Munns’ unbeaten 110 helped Chatteris crush bottom of the table Babraham by eight wickets in CCA Senior Division One,
Babraham made a respectable 220-5 but Munns and Kurt Cunningham, who made 65, knocked off the total with ease.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
BEN Pyle’s career-best unbeaten 152 could not prevent March II from losing by seven wickets at St Giles in CCA Senior Division One.
Pyle put on 210 runs with Tommy Howgego, who made 57, as they reached 247-4.
But St Giles’ batsmen turned in an excellent performance to chase down the large total with ease.
A below strength March II lost by 157 runs to Bar Hill in CCA Junior Division 2N.
March IV, playing with only 10 men, were thumped by 223 runs by Willingham in CCA Junior Division 4N.
But wicket keeper Gary Nicholls’ unbeaten 62 saw March III secure an exciting one wicket win over Wimblington in the Fenland Trophy.
Young left-arm spinner Cameron Williams took 4-23 as Wimblington were dismissed for 134.
March II slumped to 62-7 before Nicholls, supported by 14-year-old Sam Clarke and Sam Mason, saw them home.
BRADLEY Perrett followed up his six wicket haul on Saturday with 5-33 as Wisbech’s Rutland XI claimed an unlikely 22 run win over Oundle Town in Rutland Division One.
Gary Freear made 55 but Wisbech struggled to 117 all out but Oundle were dismissed for 95.
Excellent batting from Charles Baxter, who made 79, and Jason Esser, who struck 59, was not enough to prevent Wisbech II from losing by six wickets to Buntingford in CCA Senior Division Two.
Wisbech’s next highest scorer got six as they were bowled out for 159, which Buntingford knocked off despite three early wickets for Kieran Haynes.
Wisbech IV chased down 129 to beat Soham by six wickets in CCA Junior Division 4N.
In Rutland Division Five, The seconds lost to Bourne by seven wickets despite James Sheppard’s unbeaten 62.