Fenland Cricket Round-Up: May 18-19
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Wright’s five wicket haul is in vain for March II against Fulbourn CC.
MARCH TOWN CRICKET CLUB
ANDREW Wright picked up 5-57 but March II lost by 33 runs to Fulbourn CC in CCA Senior League Division One.
The right-arm seamer, together with Stuart Mills, had the home side on the rack at 47-6, only for three spilled chances to allow them to post 146-9.
In reply, March were restricted to 113-8.
You may also want to watch:
March III tumbled to their second defeat from their last two outings in an eight wicket CCA Junior League Division Two North loss to Cottenham 2nd Xl.
Steve Seymour scored an outstanding century but couldn’t prevent the Sunday first XI from losing by eight wickets to Peterborough Town in Rutland League Division One.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
The Aussie cracked 101 out of just 153, with teenager Toby Nulty scoring 29.
Peterborough knocked the runs off in 20.4 overs for the loss of two wickets.
March’s Sunday II suffered a comprehensive five wicket defeat in the Fenland Trophy after being bowled out by Witcham for 110.
Fifteen-year-old Adam Conyard scored a patient 23 and 14-year-old left hander Curtis Oldroyd, who put on 22 with his father Paul, made 27.
The visitors reached their target in the 29th over.
WISBECH CRICKET CLUB
WISBECH II thumped Longstanton Grasshoppers by 140 runs in CCA Senior League Division Two.
Danny Emmington top scored with 34 as Wisbech set the visitors 200 to win.
But the bowlers tore through Longstanton’s batting line up, skittling them for 59.
Matthew Parrin finished with impressive figures of 3-2, while Ryan Van Waterschoot and Matthew Pack both grabbed two wickets.
In CCA Junior League Two North, four wickets for Ryan Harnwell reduced Wilburton CC to 163 but Wisbech III could only muster 83 all out in reply.
Wisbech IV beat Willingham CC by 46 runs in their CCA Junior League Four North encounter.
Bradley Perrett was Wisbech’s matchwinner in their Rutland League Division One 51 run win over Bourne CC.
He took 4-23 as Wisbech, who scored 171, bowled out Bourne for 120.
In Rutland League Division Five, Lawrence Twell and Matt Esser both scored fifties and Pete Shippey took four wickets as Wisbech II’s beat Newborough by 48 runs.
CHATTERIS CRICKET CLUB
CHATTERIS CC finally got a game of cricket at home against Burwell II but they lost by five wickets in CCA Senior League Division One.
The hosts batted first and were bowled out for 127.
Ant Bamford took 3-10 but the visitors chased down the meagre total.
In CCA Junior League Two North, Chatteris II, chasing 160 to win, was bowled out for just 87 by Longstowe.