Fenland cricket round-up: Tombs denied ton but March break duck with Buntingford win
- Credit: Archant
Rob Tombs’ 94 set March II on the way to their first success of the campaign in CCA Senior League Division 1 - pipping Buntingford by 15 runs at The Avenue.
Steve Hinson (33) and Dan Martell (28) also were in the runs as March II posted 195-7.
Buntingford looked on course for the win at 127-3, until Martell (3-14) picked up wickets at a vital time.
Tombs, Adrian Bussey and James Beresford took two wickets each as Buntingford were dismissed for 180.
March III recovered from their opening day defeat in CCA Junior League Division 3N with a 82-run win at Haddenham.
You may also want to watch:
Fifteen-year-old Rob Conyard (45), Manuj Patel (37) and Jamie Stimpson (25) helped March III reach 166 all out.
James Shepherd (4-34), Patel (3-36) and Charlie Revell (2-5) shared nine wickets as Haddenham were bowled out for 84.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Four wickets from skipper Anthony Palmer could not prevent Chatteris from losing by four wickets at Fulbourn Institute in CCA Senior League Division 1.
Anthony Bamford top scored with 24 as Chatteris crumbled to 96 all out. Despite Palmer’s 4-17, Fulbourn chased down the runs.
In CCA Junior League 3N, Chatteris II lost to Terrington St Clement by a mammoth 174 runs.
Julian Young smashed 160 as Terrington posted 274-3. In reply, number nine Michael Hill top scored with 25 as Chatteris II were bowled out for 100.
In CCA Junior League 6N, Wimblington II lost to Milton III by 28 runs. Milton III scored 160-6. Wimblington II were dismissed for 132.
Whittlesey are still winless in Rutland League Division Two after a 64 run loss to Warboys.
Things looked good for Whittlesey when Warboys were bowled out for 138. Dave Walker did the damage with 6-33. But Whittlesey collapsed to 74 all out.