Fenland fighter Bristowe becomes World Kickboxing Council champion
FENLAND fighter Jack Bristowe became a World Kickboxing Council champion after powering to glory in Spain.
Bristowe, from Holbeach Drove, fights for the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association who meet in Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Whittlesey.
He shone at the WKC World Championships in Cadiz winning the -60kg boys continuous section while Marco Broccoli collected a bronze medal in the -80kg men’s points section.
Courtney and Grant Brown both fought well but lost out in their respective elimination rounds.
Elsewhere, a host of BCKA stars excelled at the Peterborough Series Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Nunn became grand champion of the under 5ft 4in boys points category and bagged a silver medal in the -70kg beginner boys continuous section.
Karl Strange won the +100kg continuous crown and finished third in the +85kg points category.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Aaron Godden (2nd in the -84kg advanced category and 3rd in the vets section), Adam Cable (2nd in the -80kg intermediate men section) and Charlotte Cameron also gave fine displays.
Coach Andy Whitwell, a fourth Dan Black Belt in BCKA kickboxing, said: “I am extremely proud of all of our fighters who performed on two different stages and showed their class.
“It’s easy to see why BCKA kickboxing is regarded as the top martial arts style in the area.”
Many of the fighters will compete at tomorrow’s Peterborough Area BCKA Invitation at Sir Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey (11am-4pm).
• For more information on the club - where sessions are on a pay-as-you-train basis - call Andy on 07969792286, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk