Fenland fighter powers to double success for British Chinese Kickboxing Association
A FENLAND fighter was the standout performer as the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA) dominated the Boston Championship at the weekend.
Marco Broccoli, who competes with the March club, became champion of two weight categories - outclassing much heavier opponents.
Fighters from the BCKA, which runs clubs in March, Wisbech, Whittlesey and Chatteris, bagged five titles at the event, which is one of four held by the European Martial Arts Association every year.
Courtney Brown, Grant Brown and Jack Bristowe joined the triumphant Broccoli in winning their weight categories, while Daniel Cross came third and Harry Nunn narrowly lost out on his competition debut.
Black Belt Andy Whitwell said: “This was a great display from some great fighters. They are a credit to the club and the BCKA style.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the BCKA contact Mr Whitwell on 07969792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart