Fenland fighter powers to double success for British Chinese Kickboxing Association
A FENLAND fighter was the standout performer as the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA) dominated the Boston Championship at the weekend.
Marco Broccoli, who competes with the March club, became champion of two weight categories - outclassing much heavier opponents.
Fighters from the BCKA, which runs clubs in March, Wisbech, Whittlesey and Chatteris, bagged five titles at the event, which is one of four held by the European Martial Arts Association every year.
Courtney Brown, Grant Brown and Jack Bristowe joined the triumphant Broccoli in winning their weight categories, while Daniel Cross came third and Harry Nunn narrowly lost out on his competition debut.
Black Belt Andy Whitwell said: “This was a great display from some great fighters. They are a credit to the club and the BCKA style.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the BCKA contact Mr Whitwell on 07969792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens