Fenland fighter powers to double success for British Chinese Kickboxing Association
A FENLAND fighter was the standout performer as the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA) dominated the Boston Championship at the weekend.
Marco Broccoli, who competes with the March club, became champion of two weight categories - outclassing much heavier opponents.
Fighters from the BCKA, which runs clubs in March, Wisbech, Whittlesey and Chatteris, bagged five titles at the event, which is one of four held by the European Martial Arts Association every year.
Courtney Brown, Grant Brown and Jack Bristowe joined the triumphant Broccoli in winning their weight categories, while Daniel Cross came third and Harry Nunn narrowly lost out on his competition debut.
Black Belt Andy Whitwell said: “This was a great display from some great fighters. They are a credit to the club and the BCKA style.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the BCKA contact Mr Whitwell on 07969792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 2 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Ever get that sinking feeling?