Fenland fighters edge towards retaining Peterborough Series title with another fine performance
- Credit: Archant
Fenland British Chinese Kickboxing Association have one hand on the Peterborough Series Trophy after storming to yet more success in the second instalment of the fighting series.
The fighters from Fenland performed heroically to secure dozens more top three places, leaving them in pole position to retain their title of School Grand Champions.
Coach at Fenland BCKA, Andy Whitwell, was beaming with pride for his fighters. He said: “I took a medium team to this event, quite a few of our experienced fighters were absent but we cleaned up in nearly every event we entered.
“There was some outstanding talent on show from other clubs but Fenland BCKA came out on top, despite missing many of our team.
“We look forward to the next instalment to concrete our lead in the schools league table.
You may also want to watch:
“Performance of the day went to Zac Culpin from Whittlesey, who displayed his versatility in fighting, open hand, kata and weapons.”
Fenland BCKA can cement their status as champions by sealing more success in the final two instalments of the series, which are to take place at the Ken Simpson School in Werrington in September and October.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Weapons set (sword): Champion
Traditional open hand kata sets: 3rd
-74kg advanced (points): Champion
-84kg advanced (points): 2nd
Girls +5’4 ft intermediate (points): 2nd
Ladies -69 KG intermediate (points): 2nd
Girls -60 KG intermediate/advanced (continuous): Champion
Girls -70 KG intermediate/advanced (continuous): 2nd
Super peewee (open): 3rd
(Beginners) -4’4ft: Champion
Ladies (advanced) points -69kg: 3rd
Boys -35KG intermediate (points): Champion
Boys -35 KG intermediate (continuous): 3rd
Boys -5’2 ft Beginner (points): Champion
-79kg veterans (points): 2nd
-74kg mens intermediate/advanced (points): Champion
-5’2” girls (points): 3rd
-45kg girls continuous: Champion
-85kg Veteran men: 3rd
-69kg Ladies intermediate (points): Champion
-79kg veteran (points): 3rd
-80kg continuous: Champion
-84kg points: 3rd
-69kg Ladies advanced points: 2nd
-60kg advanced Ladies: 2nd
-5’4” advanced (points): Champion
-55kg boys continuous: Champion
-5’2” intermediate boys: 2nd
-64kg advanced points: Champion
-64kg Advanced men point: 2nd
-74kg intermediate men points: 2nd
-79kg Veteran men: Champion