Fenland fighters help British Chinese Kickboxing Association retain championship crown
FIGHTERS from Fenland have helped the British Chinese Kickboxing Association retain their title as Grand Champions after they finished 200 points clear of their nearest opposition.
The BCKA, who have clubs in March, Whittlesey, Wisbech and Chatteris, stormed to success in the Overall Schools Grand Championship for Peterborough after fantastic displays at events throughout the year.
The club secured the title for the second year running, adding it to their success at the Boston championships.
Standout performers included Aaron Godden, who returned from a 12 month break to win his category, and Jack Bristowe who defeated boys older than him to win his own section.
Marco Broccoli, Kris Leuridan, Grant Brown, Courtney Brown and Cat Harris also played vital roles in the success.
You may also want to watch:
The BCKA meet across Fenland and currently have a special offer on for new members. For more information contact Andy Whitwell on 07969792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
• Elsewhere, four members of Wisbech Mixed Martial Arts Club produced strong performances in a series of amateur bouts in Norwich.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Andrew Dennis and Alex Harris both cruised to victory in the first round of their fights, while Mark Durrington beat his opponent by way of decision after a bout that went the distance.
Jordon Read was unlucky to lose against an experienced fighter, after being given just three days notice about the fight.
Avaddon trains on a Monday and a Thursday at the Hudson Leisure Centre, Wisbech, between 8.00-9.30pm. For more information visit www.avaddonmma.com