Fenland football round-up: Chatteris and Outwell win again while Sutton Bridge score 13
- Credit: Archant
Free-scoring Chatteris Town continued their strong start to the season with a 5-1 win over Royston Town A on Saturday.
Craig Gillies (2), Gary Smith, Jack Whiting and Paul Rowell were on target for the Lilies, who have scored 14 and conceded one in their last three games.
They are third in Kershaw Senior A, three points behind leaders Outwell Swifts.
Jack Davis got the goal as Outwell made it four wins from four with a 1-0 win over Girton United. Mark Secker’s rock-solid defence has still yet to concede a goal this campaign.
Wisbech St Mary’s season had been going so swimmingly - they were top of the Kershaw Premier with four straight wins - then disaster struck on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
They had two players sent off - Adam Wright after 10 minutes and Gary Haime on the hour mark - and lost 7-0 to Great Shelford.
They bounced back with a 4-1 win against Over Sports on Wednesday night. Edgaras Buzas (2), Ricky Bowden and Danny Emmington scored.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 9 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington’s opening day win seems a long time ago - they lost 4-0 at Bar Hill Saturday.
In the Peterborough and District Premier, Whittlesey Athletic’s resurgence continued with a 2-0 win over Ketton. Matthew Heron got both goals.
Leverington Sports were knocked out of the President’s Premier Shield after losing 5-1 at Thorney. Paul Shafer got their goal.
In Peterborough and District Division One, the wheels came off for Whittlesey Athletic Reserves as they shipped five goals and lost 6-1 at Netherton United Reserves.
In the Chairman’s Championship Shield, Alfa Jalo (2), Adam Drew and Ryan Alexander scored in Wisbech Town Reserves’ 4-0 win at Stamford Belvedere.
Matthew Cawthorn hit a hat-trick and Graham Rushmer found the net in Long Sutton’s 4-0 win over Kings Cliffe.
Sutton Bridge also progressed after hitting Langtoft United reserves for 13.
Matt Eaton (5), Sam Cooper (3). Ben Partridge (3), Jake Lally and Sam Lilley scored in their 13-1 win.