Fenland football round-up: Chatteris and Outwell win again while Sutton Bridge score 13
- Credit: Archant
Free-scoring Chatteris Town continued their strong start to the season with a 5-1 win over Royston Town A on Saturday.
Craig Gillies (2), Gary Smith, Jack Whiting and Paul Rowell were on target for the Lilies, who have scored 14 and conceded one in their last three games.
They are third in Kershaw Senior A, three points behind leaders Outwell Swifts.
Jack Davis got the goal as Outwell made it four wins from four with a 1-0 win over Girton United. Mark Secker’s rock-solid defence has still yet to concede a goal this campaign.
Wisbech St Mary’s season had been going so swimmingly - they were top of the Kershaw Premier with four straight wins - then disaster struck on Saturday.
They had two players sent off - Adam Wright after 10 minutes and Gary Haime on the hour mark - and lost 7-0 to Great Shelford.
They bounced back with a 4-1 win against Over Sports on Wednesday night. Edgaras Buzas (2), Ricky Bowden and Danny Emmington scored.
- 1 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 2 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Shoplifters 'dragged security guard across floor'
- 7 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington’s opening day win seems a long time ago - they lost 4-0 at Bar Hill Saturday.
In the Peterborough and District Premier, Whittlesey Athletic’s resurgence continued with a 2-0 win over Ketton. Matthew Heron got both goals.
Leverington Sports were knocked out of the President’s Premier Shield after losing 5-1 at Thorney. Paul Shafer got their goal.
In Peterborough and District Division One, the wheels came off for Whittlesey Athletic Reserves as they shipped five goals and lost 6-1 at Netherton United Reserves.
In the Chairman’s Championship Shield, Alfa Jalo (2), Adam Drew and Ryan Alexander scored in Wisbech Town Reserves’ 4-0 win at Stamford Belvedere.
Matthew Cawthorn hit a hat-trick and Graham Rushmer found the net in Long Sutton’s 4-0 win over Kings Cliffe.
Sutton Bridge also progressed after hitting Langtoft United reserves for 13.
Matt Eaton (5), Sam Cooper (3). Ben Partridge (3), Jake Lally and Sam Lilley scored in their 13-1 win.