Fenland football round-up: January 18
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary’s difficult run continued as they lost 2-1 at Soham United in the Cambs Premier League.
But, in Cambs Senior A, Jack Whiting’s goal helped Chatteris Town earn a 1-1 draw with high flying Royston Town A.
In NMC 1B, basement side Chatteris Town Reserves were thrashed 5-0 by Milton Reserves.
But a double from Mark Heading and goals from Josh Dodman, Dan Martell and Jack Rudkin saw Manea United beat Huntingdon United 5-2.
In the Peterborough and District League, Leverington Sports lost 3-2 to Netherton United.
You may also want to watch:
But Whittlesey United have preogressed in the PFA Senior CUP with a 4-1 win over Uppingham Town.
In the Cambs Invitation Cup, March Town Ladies beat Milton 4-2 after extra time.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
The Hares led 1-0 at half time through an excellent Emma Searle goal but Milton equalised.
Searle put March back in front but the stubborn visitors once again responded to send the tie into additional time.
In extra time, the Milton keeper saved well from an Emma Frost penalty, but an own goal and Anna Hatcher’s first of the season sealed a hard-fought win.