Fenland football round-up: January 18
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary’s difficult run continued as they lost 2-1 at Soham United in the Cambs Premier League.
But, in Cambs Senior A, Jack Whiting’s goal helped Chatteris Town earn a 1-1 draw with high flying Royston Town A.
In NMC 1B, basement side Chatteris Town Reserves were thrashed 5-0 by Milton Reserves.
But a double from Mark Heading and goals from Josh Dodman, Dan Martell and Jack Rudkin saw Manea United beat Huntingdon United 5-2.
In the Peterborough and District League, Leverington Sports lost 3-2 to Netherton United.
But Whittlesey United have preogressed in the PFA Senior CUP with a 4-1 win over Uppingham Town.
In the Cambs Invitation Cup, March Town Ladies beat Milton 4-2 after extra time.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
The Hares led 1-0 at half time through an excellent Emma Searle goal but Milton equalised.
Searle put March back in front but the stubborn visitors once again responded to send the tie into additional time.
In extra time, the Milton keeper saved well from an Emma Frost penalty, but an own goal and Anna Hatcher’s first of the season sealed a hard-fought win.