Fenland football round-up: January 18
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary’s difficult run continued as they lost 2-1 at Soham United in the Cambs Premier League.
But, in Cambs Senior A, Jack Whiting’s goal helped Chatteris Town earn a 1-1 draw with high flying Royston Town A.
In NMC 1B, basement side Chatteris Town Reserves were thrashed 5-0 by Milton Reserves.
But a double from Mark Heading and goals from Josh Dodman, Dan Martell and Jack Rudkin saw Manea United beat Huntingdon United 5-2.
In the Peterborough and District League, Leverington Sports lost 3-2 to Netherton United.
You may also want to watch:
But Whittlesey United have preogressed in the PFA Senior CUP with a 4-1 win over Uppingham Town.
In the Cambs Invitation Cup, March Town Ladies beat Milton 4-2 after extra time.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
The Hares led 1-0 at half time through an excellent Emma Searle goal but Milton equalised.
Searle put March back in front but the stubborn visitors once again responded to send the tie into additional time.
In extra time, the Milton keeper saved well from an Emma Frost penalty, but an own goal and Anna Hatcher’s first of the season sealed a hard-fought win.