Fenland football round-up: January 18
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary’s difficult run continued as they lost 2-1 at Soham United in the Cambs Premier League.
But, in Cambs Senior A, Jack Whiting’s goal helped Chatteris Town earn a 1-1 draw with high flying Royston Town A.
In NMC 1B, basement side Chatteris Town Reserves were thrashed 5-0 by Milton Reserves.
But a double from Mark Heading and goals from Josh Dodman, Dan Martell and Jack Rudkin saw Manea United beat Huntingdon United 5-2.
In the Peterborough and District League, Leverington Sports lost 3-2 to Netherton United.
But Whittlesey United have preogressed in the PFA Senior CUP with a 4-1 win over Uppingham Town.
In the Cambs Invitation Cup, March Town Ladies beat Milton 4-2 after extra time.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
The Hares led 1-0 at half time through an excellent Emma Searle goal but Milton equalised.
Searle put March back in front but the stubborn visitors once again responded to send the tie into additional time.
In extra time, the Milton keeper saved well from an Emma Frost penalty, but an own goal and Anna Hatcher’s first of the season sealed a hard-fought win.