Fenland football round-up: January 18
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary’s difficult run continued as they lost 2-1 at Soham United in the Cambs Premier League.
But, in Cambs Senior A, Jack Whiting’s goal helped Chatteris Town earn a 1-1 draw with high flying Royston Town A.
In NMC 1B, basement side Chatteris Town Reserves were thrashed 5-0 by Milton Reserves.
But a double from Mark Heading and goals from Josh Dodman, Dan Martell and Jack Rudkin saw Manea United beat Huntingdon United 5-2.
In the Peterborough and District League, Leverington Sports lost 3-2 to Netherton United.
You may also want to watch:
But Whittlesey United have preogressed in the PFA Senior CUP with a 4-1 win over Uppingham Town.
In the Cambs Invitation Cup, March Town Ladies beat Milton 4-2 after extra time.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
The Hares led 1-0 at half time through an excellent Emma Searle goal but Milton equalised.
Searle put March back in front but the stubborn visitors once again responded to send the tie into additional time.
In extra time, the Milton keeper saved well from an Emma Frost penalty, but an own goal and Anna Hatcher’s first of the season sealed a hard-fought win.