Fenland football round-up: March 1-2
- Credit: Archant
Wimblington hit double figures against St Ives Rangers in Cambs Senior B on Saturday, smashing their hapless opponents 10-0.
But there was disappointment for Cambs Premier League side Wisbech St Mary, whose recent revival ended with a 2-0 loss at bogey team Cottenham United.
A Tony Brown brace helped 10-man Chatteris Town secure a 2-0 win at Comberton United.
In NMC 1B, leaders Doddington United received a title boost as closest rivals Godmanchester Rovers Reserves lost 4-3 at Burwell swifts.
The gap between them is six points, but Doddington have played a game more. Also in NMC 1B, Seve Revell’s goal helped Chatteris Town Reserves beat Eaton Socon Reserves 1-0 and Manea United won 3-1 at Buckden.
You may also want to watch:
In the Peterborough and District League, goals from Jack Bates and Liam Harrold helped Whittlesey United win 2-0 at Stilton United, while Leverington Sports drew 2-2 with Pinchbeck United.
In the Ladies S Tech League, March Town Ladies won 1-0 at Bourne in difficult conditions.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Tanya Cornwell scored her first goal of the season from the edge of the area with a shot which pinged off the inside of the post.
Bourne were denied a point when keeper Dani Westgate made a magnificent double one on one save at the death.