Fenland football round-up: March 1-2
- Credit: Archant
Wimblington hit double figures against St Ives Rangers in Cambs Senior B on Saturday, smashing their hapless opponents 10-0.
But there was disappointment for Cambs Premier League side Wisbech St Mary, whose recent revival ended with a 2-0 loss at bogey team Cottenham United.
A Tony Brown brace helped 10-man Chatteris Town secure a 2-0 win at Comberton United.
In NMC 1B, leaders Doddington United received a title boost as closest rivals Godmanchester Rovers Reserves lost 4-3 at Burwell swifts.
The gap between them is six points, but Doddington have played a game more. Also in NMC 1B, Seve Revell’s goal helped Chatteris Town Reserves beat Eaton Socon Reserves 1-0 and Manea United won 3-1 at Buckden.
In the Peterborough and District League, goals from Jack Bates and Liam Harrold helped Whittlesey United win 2-0 at Stilton United, while Leverington Sports drew 2-2 with Pinchbeck United.
In the Ladies S Tech League, March Town Ladies won 1-0 at Bourne in difficult conditions.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
Tanya Cornwell scored her first goal of the season from the edge of the area with a shot which pinged off the inside of the post.
Bourne were denied a point when keeper Dani Westgate made a magnificent double one on one save at the death.