Fenland football round-up: March 1-2
- Credit: Archant
Wimblington hit double figures against St Ives Rangers in Cambs Senior B on Saturday, smashing their hapless opponents 10-0.
But there was disappointment for Cambs Premier League side Wisbech St Mary, whose recent revival ended with a 2-0 loss at bogey team Cottenham United.
A Tony Brown brace helped 10-man Chatteris Town secure a 2-0 win at Comberton United.
In NMC 1B, leaders Doddington United received a title boost as closest rivals Godmanchester Rovers Reserves lost 4-3 at Burwell swifts.
The gap between them is six points, but Doddington have played a game more. Also in NMC 1B, Seve Revell’s goal helped Chatteris Town Reserves beat Eaton Socon Reserves 1-0 and Manea United won 3-1 at Buckden.
You may also want to watch:
In the Peterborough and District League, goals from Jack Bates and Liam Harrold helped Whittlesey United win 2-0 at Stilton United, while Leverington Sports drew 2-2 with Pinchbeck United.
In the Ladies S Tech League, March Town Ladies won 1-0 at Bourne in difficult conditions.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
Tanya Cornwell scored her first goal of the season from the edge of the area with a shot which pinged off the inside of the post.
Bourne were denied a point when keeper Dani Westgate made a magnificent double one on one save at the death.