Fenland football round-up: March 1-2
- Credit: Archant
Wimblington hit double figures against St Ives Rangers in Cambs Senior B on Saturday, smashing their hapless opponents 10-0.
But there was disappointment for Cambs Premier League side Wisbech St Mary, whose recent revival ended with a 2-0 loss at bogey team Cottenham United.
A Tony Brown brace helped 10-man Chatteris Town secure a 2-0 win at Comberton United.
In NMC 1B, leaders Doddington United received a title boost as closest rivals Godmanchester Rovers Reserves lost 4-3 at Burwell swifts.
The gap between them is six points, but Doddington have played a game more. Also in NMC 1B, Seve Revell’s goal helped Chatteris Town Reserves beat Eaton Socon Reserves 1-0 and Manea United won 3-1 at Buckden.
You may also want to watch:
In the Peterborough and District League, goals from Jack Bates and Liam Harrold helped Whittlesey United win 2-0 at Stilton United, while Leverington Sports drew 2-2 with Pinchbeck United.
In the Ladies S Tech League, March Town Ladies won 1-0 at Bourne in difficult conditions.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Tanya Cornwell scored her first goal of the season from the edge of the area with a shot which pinged off the inside of the post.
Bourne were denied a point when keeper Dani Westgate made a magnificent double one on one save at the death.