Fenland football round-up: March 1-2
- Credit: Archant
Wimblington hit double figures against St Ives Rangers in Cambs Senior B on Saturday, smashing their hapless opponents 10-0.
But there was disappointment for Cambs Premier League side Wisbech St Mary, whose recent revival ended with a 2-0 loss at bogey team Cottenham United.
A Tony Brown brace helped 10-man Chatteris Town secure a 2-0 win at Comberton United.
In NMC 1B, leaders Doddington United received a title boost as closest rivals Godmanchester Rovers Reserves lost 4-3 at Burwell swifts.
The gap between them is six points, but Doddington have played a game more. Also in NMC 1B, Seve Revell’s goal helped Chatteris Town Reserves beat Eaton Socon Reserves 1-0 and Manea United won 3-1 at Buckden.
In the Peterborough and District League, goals from Jack Bates and Liam Harrold helped Whittlesey United win 2-0 at Stilton United, while Leverington Sports drew 2-2 with Pinchbeck United.
In the Ladies S Tech League, March Town Ladies won 1-0 at Bourne in difficult conditions.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
Tanya Cornwell scored her first goal of the season from the edge of the area with a shot which pinged off the inside of the post.
Bourne were denied a point when keeper Dani Westgate made a magnificent double one on one save at the death.