Fenland football round-up: November 2-3

March Town Ladies.

March Town Ladies. - Credit: Archant

MEN’S FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary lost 2-0 at Hardwick in the Cambs Premier League.

In Cambs Senior A, Chatteris Town came out on the wrong side of a seven goal thriller, losing 4-3.

Tony Brown bagged a brace and Seve Revell found the net.

In Cambs Senior B, Lakenheath beat Outwell Swifts 2-0.

Wimblington lost 1-0 to Needingworth United in the Percy Oldham Memorial Cup.

Goals from Luke Pepper and Thomas Brazil could not prevent March Town United Reserves from losing 3-2 to Littleport Town in NMC 1B.

Chatteris Town Reserves lost 4-1 to Milton Reserves and Manea United drew 1-1 with Burwell Swifts.

Most Read

Chatteris Fen Tigers continued their perfect start to the season with 6-0 win over Walsoken in the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup.

Nath Cooper (2), Ben Matthews, Aaron Smith, Leigh Matthews and Colin Smith got the goals.

In the Peterborough & District League, Whittlesey Blue Star were leading 2-0 against Pinchbeck United and on course for their first win of the season when the game was abandoned after 88 minutes following a horrific injury to Pinchbeck keeper Liam Dawson.

Dawson was taken to hospital after sustaining serious knee ligament damage in a challenge.

Blue Star’s goals were scored by Sam Pell and Stephen Proud.

Whittlesey United are up to third in the league after a 3-2 win over Uppingham Town.

But Parson Drove 92 were thumped 5-1 by Stilton United.

LADIES FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies battled hard against unbeaten Deeping Diamond Ladies but lost 6-0 in the S Tech League.

The Hares put in an encouraging opening 40 minutes against the powerful visitors and were unlucky not to go into the lead when Mandy Shreeve almost bundled the ball in.

Deeping struck twice just before half time and their superiority told in the second half as they scored four further goals.

Player of the match was Dani Westgate, who produced some great saves.

GIRLS: Estover Park under-16s secured an impressive 3-0 win over Bourne under-16s

Brooke Anderson broke the deadlock, heading home Jess Harvey’s corner.

In the second half, Maddie Jackson’s through ball released Erin Powell, who finished in style.

Ebony Bliss and Courtney Wales then combined to set up Maddie Jackson, who powered towards goal and dispatched a shot into the roof of the net.