Fenland football round-up: November 9-10
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Daniel Emmington and Chris Gunkel helped Wisbech St Mary beat Leverington Sports 2-1 in the second round of the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
In the same competition, Chatteris Town beat Soham Town Rangers Reserves 4-1 after extra time.
Tony Brown hit a hat-trick, with Asa Revell also on target.
Parson Drove 92 were thumped 7-1 by Cherry Hinton.
Wimblington lost 3-0 to Sawston Rovers in the William Coad Intermediate Cup.
You may also want to watch:
In the North Cambs Junior Cup, Manea United lost 4-3 to Wisbech St Mary Reserves but Doddington United thrashed Gorefield Athletic 8-2.
Gary Smith got a hat-trick, James Harness and Scott Goodger bagged braces and Paul Rowell grabbed a goal.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
Chatteris Fen Tigers maintained their 100 per cent record this season with a 3-2 comeback win against Wimblington Reserves.
They were two down at the break but second half goals from Colin Smith, Leigh Matthews and Alex Ashley secured the win.
In NMC 1B, Stuart Porter’s goal could not prevent Chatteris Town Reserves losing 2-1 to Huntingdon United.
In the Peterborough and District League, a double from Liam Harrold and Andy Lodge’s goal helped Whittlesey United beat Ramsey Town 3-1.
But Whittlesey Blue Star were edged out 1-0 by Sawtry and Coates Athletic were thumped 8-1 by Oakham Athletic. Paul Hibbins got their goal.