Fenland football round-up: November 9-10
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Daniel Emmington and Chris Gunkel helped Wisbech St Mary beat Leverington Sports 2-1 in the second round of the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
In the same competition, Chatteris Town beat Soham Town Rangers Reserves 4-1 after extra time.
Tony Brown hit a hat-trick, with Asa Revell also on target.
Parson Drove 92 were thumped 7-1 by Cherry Hinton.
Wimblington lost 3-0 to Sawston Rovers in the William Coad Intermediate Cup.
In the North Cambs Junior Cup, Manea United lost 4-3 to Wisbech St Mary Reserves but Doddington United thrashed Gorefield Athletic 8-2.
Gary Smith got a hat-trick, James Harness and Scott Goodger bagged braces and Paul Rowell grabbed a goal.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
Chatteris Fen Tigers maintained their 100 per cent record this season with a 3-2 comeback win against Wimblington Reserves.
They were two down at the break but second half goals from Colin Smith, Leigh Matthews and Alex Ashley secured the win.
In NMC 1B, Stuart Porter’s goal could not prevent Chatteris Town Reserves losing 2-1 to Huntingdon United.
In the Peterborough and District League, a double from Liam Harrold and Andy Lodge’s goal helped Whittlesey United beat Ramsey Town 3-1.
But Whittlesey Blue Star were edged out 1-0 by Sawtry and Coates Athletic were thumped 8-1 by Oakham Athletic. Paul Hibbins got their goal.