Fenland football round-up: November 9-10
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Daniel Emmington and Chris Gunkel helped Wisbech St Mary beat Leverington Sports 2-1 in the second round of the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
In the same competition, Chatteris Town beat Soham Town Rangers Reserves 4-1 after extra time.
Tony Brown hit a hat-trick, with Asa Revell also on target.
Parson Drove 92 were thumped 7-1 by Cherry Hinton.
Wimblington lost 3-0 to Sawston Rovers in the William Coad Intermediate Cup.
You may also want to watch:
In the North Cambs Junior Cup, Manea United lost 4-3 to Wisbech St Mary Reserves but Doddington United thrashed Gorefield Athletic 8-2.
Gary Smith got a hat-trick, James Harness and Scott Goodger bagged braces and Paul Rowell grabbed a goal.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 10 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
Chatteris Fen Tigers maintained their 100 per cent record this season with a 3-2 comeback win against Wimblington Reserves.
They were two down at the break but second half goals from Colin Smith, Leigh Matthews and Alex Ashley secured the win.
In NMC 1B, Stuart Porter’s goal could not prevent Chatteris Town Reserves losing 2-1 to Huntingdon United.
In the Peterborough and District League, a double from Liam Harrold and Andy Lodge’s goal helped Whittlesey United beat Ramsey Town 3-1.
But Whittlesey Blue Star were edged out 1-0 by Sawtry and Coates Athletic were thumped 8-1 by Oakham Athletic. Paul Hibbins got their goal.