Fenland football round-up: Wisbech St Mary and Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic maintain fast start but Chatteris Town lose
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary are now third in the Kershaw Premier League and are two points off top with a comfortable 4-0 home win against Lakenheath, Samuel Cubberley scoring all four.
Their next game is at home against Cambridge University Press.
Sixth placed Chatteris lost at home to Hundon 2-1 with Ross Alexander giving Chatteris the lead but Hundon scored two late goals giving them the win. Their next game is at home in the Kershaw Senior A league against Comberton United.
Doddington won away 3-1 in the local derby against Wimblington to move up to sixth in the Kershaw Senior B League. James Harness with a brace and Dean Russell with one were the goal scorers for Doddington. They play Witchford away next, whilst Wimblington play Orwell away.
Outwell are second with only goal difference standing between them and top. They won 3-0 away to Godmanchester Rovers Reserves and their next game is at home to Hemingfords United Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic are top of the Peterborough and District League by three points after a solid 2-0 home win over Thorney, Liam Harrold and sub Adam Moore were the goal scorers. They next play Moulton Harrox at home.
Eighth placed Leverington were in a home six goal thriller against Moulton Harrox. Ricky Bowden, Curtis Knight and Nathan Watson all got on the goal sheet in the 3-3 draw. Their next game is a visit to bottom of the league Crowland Town.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement