Fenland football roundup: McKenna hits hat-trick in stunning Wisbech St Mary win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary are top of the Cambs Premier League after a crushing 6-1 win over Brampton in their opening league fixture.
Aaron McKenna helped himself to a hat-trick, with James McManus, Jack Brand and Jack Saunders also on the scoresheet.
Goals from Ross Alexander, Richard Allen and Liam Birch saw Chatteris Town get their Cambs Senior A campaign off to the perfect start with a 3-0 win over Great Paxton.
In Cambs Senior B, Jason Day, Ben Jimson, Mark Secker and Jonathan Secker were on target as Outwell Swifts edged a seven goal thriller 4-3 with Wimblington.
In the Peterborough and District League, newly formed Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic bounced back from their opening day loss with two wins.
You may also want to watch:
A Simon Flanz double and Jamie Darlow’s goal saw them win 3-1 at Uppingham Town.
Flanz was at it again against Riverside, bagging a brace in a 3-0 win. Joe Butterworth got the other goal. They now sit fourth after three games.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Also in the league, Leverington Sports won 3-2 at Holbeach United Reserves, Ricky Bowden (2) and Nathan Watson got the goals.