Fenland football roundup: McKenna hits hat-trick in stunning Wisbech St Mary win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary are top of the Cambs Premier League after a crushing 6-1 win over Brampton in their opening league fixture.
Aaron McKenna helped himself to a hat-trick, with James McManus, Jack Brand and Jack Saunders also on the scoresheet.
Goals from Ross Alexander, Richard Allen and Liam Birch saw Chatteris Town get their Cambs Senior A campaign off to the perfect start with a 3-0 win over Great Paxton.
In Cambs Senior B, Jason Day, Ben Jimson, Mark Secker and Jonathan Secker were on target as Outwell Swifts edged a seven goal thriller 4-3 with Wimblington.
In the Peterborough and District League, newly formed Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic bounced back from their opening day loss with two wins.
You may also want to watch:
A Simon Flanz double and Jamie Darlow’s goal saw them win 3-1 at Uppingham Town.
Flanz was at it again against Riverside, bagging a brace in a 3-0 win. Joe Butterworth got the other goal. They now sit fourth after three games.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
Also in the league, Leverington Sports won 3-2 at Holbeach United Reserves, Ricky Bowden (2) and Nathan Watson got the goals.