Fenland football roundup: McKenna hits hat-trick in stunning Wisbech St Mary win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary are top of the Cambs Premier League after a crushing 6-1 win over Brampton in their opening league fixture.
Aaron McKenna helped himself to a hat-trick, with James McManus, Jack Brand and Jack Saunders also on the scoresheet.
Goals from Ross Alexander, Richard Allen and Liam Birch saw Chatteris Town get their Cambs Senior A campaign off to the perfect start with a 3-0 win over Great Paxton.
In Cambs Senior B, Jason Day, Ben Jimson, Mark Secker and Jonathan Secker were on target as Outwell Swifts edged a seven goal thriller 4-3 with Wimblington.
In the Peterborough and District League, newly formed Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic bounced back from their opening day loss with two wins.
You may also want to watch:
A Simon Flanz double and Jamie Darlow’s goal saw them win 3-1 at Uppingham Town.
Flanz was at it again against Riverside, bagging a brace in a 3-0 win. Joe Butterworth got the other goal. They now sit fourth after three games.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
Also in the league, Leverington Sports won 3-2 at Holbeach United Reserves, Ricky Bowden (2) and Nathan Watson got the goals.