Fen golfers adapt to social distancing guidelines in return to action
- Credit: Archant
Members at March Golf Club are welcoming the opportunity to exercise as they adapt to social distancing guidelines.
Golfers are making the most of the long days while keeping safe, with the course in top condition.
However, members have had to take extra care when enjoying the fine weather, such as pre-booked tee times, reminders on using hand sanitiser, not touching the flag and the removal of rakes from the bunkers.
Players are also advised to keep two ‘drive’ lengths apart, which relates to the ‘driver’ club that is around 45-48 inches long.
Whilst this is a useful reminder for players out on the course, the club is also opening their summer membership, where you can enjoy unlimited play in the month of June for £100.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on club membership, call 01354 652364 and speak to club secretary Michal Simpson, or email email@example.com.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public