Fenland Gymnastics Academy duo excel at Tulip Invitation in Spalding
TWO members of Fenland Gymnastics Academy started the competition season in superb fashion on Sunday.
George Wickes, from Chatteris, and Jensen Burrows, from Wisbech, picked up medals at the Tulip Invitation at Spalding Gymnastics Club.
Wickes, 12, started well on the floor scoring 10.3 with a polished routine and went on to collect one gold, three silvers, one bronze and a bronze medal for the overall event in his age category.
Burrows, aged seven, competed like a seasoned-pro scoring a 9.3 on the floor. He picked up four bronzes and a bronze medal for his overall performance in his age category.
Head coach Stewart Harrison said: “Both boys did really well and it’s nice to see their hard work paying off. I’m proud of their performances and their attitudes.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the academy call 07885983312 or visit www.fenlandgym.co.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy