Fenland Gymnastics Academy duo excel at Tulip Invitation in Spalding
TWO members of Fenland Gymnastics Academy started the competition season in superb fashion on Sunday.
George Wickes, from Chatteris, and Jensen Burrows, from Wisbech, picked up medals at the Tulip Invitation at Spalding Gymnastics Club.
Wickes, 12, started well on the floor scoring 10.3 with a polished routine and went on to collect one gold, three silvers, one bronze and a bronze medal for the overall event in his age category.
Burrows, aged seven, competed like a seasoned-pro scoring a 9.3 on the floor. He picked up four bronzes and a bronze medal for his overall performance in his age category.
Head coach Stewart Harrison said: “Both boys did really well and it’s nice to see their hard work paying off. I’m proud of their performances and their attitudes.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the academy call 07885983312 or visit www.fenlandgym.co.uk
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo