Fenland Gymnastics Academy’s fourth extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy (FGA), held their fourth annual Extravaganza over the last weekend (February 1, 2 and 3).
The event sees over 200 members of the club participate in a display showcasing the skills they learn in their training sessions.
The gymnasts range between 18 months and 14 years old and they have been preparing for the show in their classes since before Christmas. Groups perform routines including dance and gymnastics to music, this year to the theme of Disney.
The show lasts around 2 and a half hours and packs in a full crowd of 250 people per night.
Although the event is primarily to show family and friends what the gymnasts have been learning, it is also used as a fundraising event.
You may also want to watch:
In previous years, the club, which is also a registered charity has been able to buy equipment with the money raised.
This year, they have managed to once again pull in over £4,000 to help buy them new equipment and also start building funds for a larger facility to try and expand their club and clear their 250+ waiting list.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Head coach Claire Stock said: “Huge well done to all the gymnasts, coaches and helpers involved, the extravaganza really is a team event and without the help we receive it wouldn’t be able to take place.
“All the gymnasts love working towards it and did a fantastic job of pulling off some beautiful routines in front of such large audiences.
“Our aim for this year is to move to a larger facility to accommodate more members and clear our waiting lists.
“We would also like to say a big thank you to the Mayor for his support of the club in this last year.”