Fenland kickboxers selected to represent England at World Karate and Kickboxing World Championships
FOUR kickboxers from Fenland have been selected to represented England at the World Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Spain in November.
Six fighters from the area’s BCKA Kickboxing clubs impressed during Sunday’s squad selection in Manchester with Courtney Brown, Grant Brown, Jack Bristowe and Cat Harris qualifying for the world finals. Despite performing well Marco Broccoli and Aaron Young agonisingly missed out.
BCKA coach Andy Whitwell said: “They have all worked very hard and I’m proud of their progress and commitment. I expect all six to do well at the Irish Open in Dublin next month.”
Elsewhere, a small team of BCKA fighters helped the club retain their overall schools grand champions title at the Peterborough Championship on Sunday even though most of the club’s elite fighters were in Manchester.
Gareth Burgess, a purple belt, excelled as he beat a black belt to win his bout.
• BCKA meets at various locations across Fenland including Whittlesey, Wisbech, March and Chatteris. The club has a special offer on at the moment; four-week beginner course, life membership and uniform for �30. For further details contact Andy Whitwell on 07969792286 or via e-mail at email@example.com
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration