Fenland kickboxers selected to represent England at World Karate and Kickboxing World Championships
FOUR kickboxers from Fenland have been selected to represented England at the World Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Spain in November.
Six fighters from the area’s BCKA Kickboxing clubs impressed during Sunday’s squad selection in Manchester with Courtney Brown, Grant Brown, Jack Bristowe and Cat Harris qualifying for the world finals. Despite performing well Marco Broccoli and Aaron Young agonisingly missed out.
BCKA coach Andy Whitwell said: “They have all worked very hard and I’m proud of their progress and commitment. I expect all six to do well at the Irish Open in Dublin next month.”
Elsewhere, a small team of BCKA fighters helped the club retain their overall schools grand champions title at the Peterborough Championship on Sunday even though most of the club’s elite fighters were in Manchester.
Gareth Burgess, a purple belt, excelled as he beat a black belt to win his bout.
You may also want to watch:
• BCKA meets at various locations across Fenland including Whittlesey, Wisbech, March and Chatteris. The club has a special offer on at the moment; four-week beginner course, life membership and uniform for �30. For further details contact Andy Whitwell on 07969792286 or via e-mail at email@example.com
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Man who died in road crash is named
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’