Fenland ladies scoop the honours following Peterborough 5km series
- Credit: Archant
FOUR Fenland Running Club (FRC) ladies took the plaudits at the Peterborough Grand Prix 5km Series prize-giving ceremony.
Maire Irlam leapfrogged her age category to finish as the leading vet-40 lady, while Rebecca Cousins was second lady overall and Sarah Gauvin finished second in the vets-40 section.
Sue George was runner-up in the vets-50 category.
Irlam carried on her strong form in the Mike Barnsdale Memorial 5km, finishing first in the vets-45 section.
She also teamed up with Cousins and Gauvin to help FRC scoop the ladies team prize.
Full Results: Gary Bligh 39th 18.26; Martin Jennings 42nd 18.40; Rebecca Cousins 76th 20.00; Richard Betts 82nd 20.15; Maire Irlam 84th 20.21; Colin Ferguson 95th 20.48; Sarah Gauvin 99th 21.01; Paulina Zub 151st 23.53; Sue George 175th 25.57; Larissa Follen 205th 29.29; Stuart Follen 206th 29.30; Rebecca Richardson 209th 29.58.
On Sunday, seven FRC members travelled to Reepham for the Reepham Runners multi-terrain 10km race.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
On a tough course with lots of hills, first home for Fenland was Richard Betts in 43rd out of 271 runners.
Irlam finished as fourth lady overall and won the vet-40 category prize.
Full results: Richard Betts 43rd 42.57; Maire Irlam 45th 43.23; Sarah Gauvin 70th 45.27; Andre Pittock 71st 45.28; Claudia Milburn 95th 47.34; Adam Chown 143rd 51.50; Sarah Rippon 263rd 1.08.51.