Athletics: Fenland Running Club members keep busy over 10k
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members have been busy over the festive period.
A group of 25 took on three 10k races on New Year’s Eve, with 15 at the Sublime Advanced Performance event in Peterborough.
Bethan Everson (41.32) was first home for the club and fourth female overall, with Rod Sinnott (43.48) not far behind.
Nicky Jennings (45.42) and Jane Greenwood (53.55) had age groups wins, with Maire Kay (48.08) and Ian King (52.33) finishing inbetween.
Sue Barrow (53.59), Adrian Searle (54.51), Rachael Nichols (55.58) and Lucy icks (60.48) set personal bests, with Carol Slater-Garner (58.48), Sarah Rippon (60.28), Gilly Anderson (62.15), Barbara Welbourne (65.00) and Chris Anderson (65.09) also in action.
At the annual Ely 10k, Claudia Milburn led Fenland home in 46.08, followed by Alan Bird (52.43), Neil Bailey (52.51), Ian Milburn (64.02) and Sharon Bird (68.36).
And Nigel Searle (42.33), Steve Bennington (43.15), Hayley Missin (53.06) and Andy Wicklen took on the RAF Marham 10k around the perimeter of the airfield.
- 1 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
Wicklen had raised £452 in a solo charity marathon run around Wisbech for the cricket and hockey club a few days earlier.