Athletics: Fenland Running Club members keep busy over 10k
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members have been busy over the festive period.
A group of 25 took on three 10k races on New Year’s Eve, with 15 at the Sublime Advanced Performance event in Peterborough.
Bethan Everson (41.32) was first home for the club and fourth female overall, with Rod Sinnott (43.48) not far behind.
Nicky Jennings (45.42) and Jane Greenwood (53.55) had age groups wins, with Maire Kay (48.08) and Ian King (52.33) finishing inbetween.
Sue Barrow (53.59), Adrian Searle (54.51), Rachael Nichols (55.58) and Lucy icks (60.48) set personal bests, with Carol Slater-Garner (58.48), Sarah Rippon (60.28), Gilly Anderson (62.15), Barbara Welbourne (65.00) and Chris Anderson (65.09) also in action.
At the annual Ely 10k, Claudia Milburn led Fenland home in 46.08, followed by Alan Bird (52.43), Neil Bailey (52.51), Ian Milburn (64.02) and Sharon Bird (68.36).
And Nigel Searle (42.33), Steve Bennington (43.15), Hayley Missin (53.06) and Andy Wicklen took on the RAF Marham 10k around the perimeter of the airfield.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
Wicklen had raised £452 in a solo charity marathon run around Wisbech for the cricket and hockey club a few days earlier.