Athletics: Fenland Running Club members keep busy over 10k
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members have been busy over the festive period.
A group of 25 took on three 10k races on New Year’s Eve, with 15 at the Sublime Advanced Performance event in Peterborough.
Bethan Everson (41.32) was first home for the club and fourth female overall, with Rod Sinnott (43.48) not far behind.
Nicky Jennings (45.42) and Jane Greenwood (53.55) had age groups wins, with Maire Kay (48.08) and Ian King (52.33) finishing inbetween.
Sue Barrow (53.59), Adrian Searle (54.51), Rachael Nichols (55.58) and Lucy icks (60.48) set personal bests, with Carol Slater-Garner (58.48), Sarah Rippon (60.28), Gilly Anderson (62.15), Barbara Welbourne (65.00) and Chris Anderson (65.09) also in action.
You may also want to watch:
At the annual Ely 10k, Claudia Milburn led Fenland home in 46.08, followed by Alan Bird (52.43), Neil Bailey (52.51), Ian Milburn (64.02) and Sharon Bird (68.36).
And Nigel Searle (42.33), Steve Bennington (43.15), Hayley Missin (53.06) and Andy Wicklen took on the RAF Marham 10k around the perimeter of the airfield.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
Wicklen had raised £452 in a solo charity marathon run around Wisbech for the cricket and hockey club a few days earlier.