Athletics: Fenland Running Club members keep busy over 10k
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members have been busy over the festive period.
A group of 25 took on three 10k races on New Year’s Eve, with 15 at the Sublime Advanced Performance event in Peterborough.
Bethan Everson (41.32) was first home for the club and fourth female overall, with Rod Sinnott (43.48) not far behind.
Nicky Jennings (45.42) and Jane Greenwood (53.55) had age groups wins, with Maire Kay (48.08) and Ian King (52.33) finishing inbetween.
Sue Barrow (53.59), Adrian Searle (54.51), Rachael Nichols (55.58) and Lucy icks (60.48) set personal bests, with Carol Slater-Garner (58.48), Sarah Rippon (60.28), Gilly Anderson (62.15), Barbara Welbourne (65.00) and Chris Anderson (65.09) also in action.
You may also want to watch:
At the annual Ely 10k, Claudia Milburn led Fenland home in 46.08, followed by Alan Bird (52.43), Neil Bailey (52.51), Ian Milburn (64.02) and Sharon Bird (68.36).
And Nigel Searle (42.33), Steve Bennington (43.15), Hayley Missin (53.06) and Andy Wicklen took on the RAF Marham 10k around the perimeter of the airfield.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
Wicklen had raised £452 in a solo charity marathon run around Wisbech for the cricket and hockey club a few days earlier.