Athletics: Fenland Running Club members keep busy over 10k
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members have been busy over the festive period.
A group of 25 took on three 10k races on New Year’s Eve, with 15 at the Sublime Advanced Performance event in Peterborough.
Bethan Everson (41.32) was first home for the club and fourth female overall, with Rod Sinnott (43.48) not far behind.
Nicky Jennings (45.42) and Jane Greenwood (53.55) had age groups wins, with Maire Kay (48.08) and Ian King (52.33) finishing inbetween.
Sue Barrow (53.59), Adrian Searle (54.51), Rachael Nichols (55.58) and Lucy icks (60.48) set personal bests, with Carol Slater-Garner (58.48), Sarah Rippon (60.28), Gilly Anderson (62.15), Barbara Welbourne (65.00) and Chris Anderson (65.09) also in action.
You may also want to watch:
At the annual Ely 10k, Claudia Milburn led Fenland home in 46.08, followed by Alan Bird (52.43), Neil Bailey (52.51), Ian Milburn (64.02) and Sharon Bird (68.36).
And Nigel Searle (42.33), Steve Bennington (43.15), Hayley Missin (53.06) and Andy Wicklen took on the RAF Marham 10k around the perimeter of the airfield.
- 1 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 2 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 3 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 5 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
Wicklen had raised £452 in a solo charity marathon run around Wisbech for the cricket and hockey club a few days earlier.