Athletics: Fenland Running Club members out in force
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club were out in force at the King’s Lynn parkrun, taking on most of the volunteering roles for the first time.
John Welbourn completed his 100th parkrun in a record field of 444, as James Shelley (15th) and Nigel Seale (25th) took first in their age groups.
Claudia Milburn was first Fenland female home, as several others set bests.
Results: James Shelley 20:11; Richard Agger 20:37; Nigel Seale 20:42; Colin Ferguson 22:36; Mark Williams 22:40; Aaron Petts 23:08; Pete Lunt 23:22; Claudia Milburn 24:55; John Welbourn 25:28; Trevor Sutherill 25:34; Oguzhan Deneri 28:35; Stacie Youngs 28:41; Barbara Welbourn 28:54; Stephanie Payne 29:44; Mandy Coleman 30:01; Andy Wicklen 30:10; Paula Connolly 30:46; Toni Coupland 31:26; Rebecca Richardson 32:16; Sally King 34:02; Lesley Dolan 34:11; Valerie Shelley 35:55; Corinne Egginton 37:30; Julie Peeling (58:58), Grahame Peacock (58:59).
*Fenland’s Stuart Follen (right) beat his best by three minutes at the Folksworth 15-mile race, clocking 1:44.29 and Nicky Jennings (1:55.51) smashed hers by seven minutes.
Jon Rwell (2:12.40) and Neil Bailey (2:22.35) beat their old marks by eight minutes and 25 seconds respectively, while first-timers Steve Bennington (1:51.53), Alan Clarke (2:12.40) and Chris Anderson (2:41.10) all impressed.
Others: Paul Wiegand 1:55.32, Jane Greenwood 2:21.58, Larissa Follen 2:28.17.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home