Fenland Runners travel to Oxborough for 13 mile half marathon
- Credit: Archant
Nine members of the Fenland Running Club travelled to the historic village of Oxborough in Norfolk to take part in the Wissey Half Marathon of mroe than 13 miles.
Starting and finishing in the village, the course meandered through the villages of Eastmoor, Beachamwell, Barton Bendish and Broughton on a very warm day under a cloudless blue sky.
Out of the 255 finishers, Ryan Jones was the first member home from Fenland, finishing 9th overall with a splendid time of 1:24:52.
Steve Bennington managed a PB with a time of 1:46:53 and 102nd overall.
Other results are: André Pittock 1:38:38 (52nd); Paul Wiegand 1:41:47 (67th); Nigel Seale 1:42:48 (74th); Paul Griffin 1:46:22 (98th); Andy Wicklen 1:55:00 (145th); Jane Greenwood 1:55:50 (147th and 1st LV60) and Melissa Millward 2:35:30 (246th).
The marathon took place yesterday (September 2).
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 9 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim