Fenland Runners travel to Oxborough for 13 mile half marathon
- Credit: Archant
Nine members of the Fenland Running Club travelled to the historic village of Oxborough in Norfolk to take part in the Wissey Half Marathon of mroe than 13 miles.
Starting and finishing in the village, the course meandered through the villages of Eastmoor, Beachamwell, Barton Bendish and Broughton on a very warm day under a cloudless blue sky.
Out of the 255 finishers, Ryan Jones was the first member home from Fenland, finishing 9th overall with a splendid time of 1:24:52.
Steve Bennington managed a PB with a time of 1:46:53 and 102nd overall.
Other results are: André Pittock 1:38:38 (52nd); Paul Wiegand 1:41:47 (67th); Nigel Seale 1:42:48 (74th); Paul Griffin 1:46:22 (98th); Andy Wicklen 1:55:00 (145th); Jane Greenwood 1:55:50 (147th and 1st LV60) and Melissa Millward 2:35:30 (246th).
You may also want to watch:
The marathon took place yesterday (September 2).
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations