Fenland Runners travel to Oxborough for 13 mile half marathon
- Credit: Archant
Nine members of the Fenland Running Club travelled to the historic village of Oxborough in Norfolk to take part in the Wissey Half Marathon of mroe than 13 miles.
Starting and finishing in the village, the course meandered through the villages of Eastmoor, Beachamwell, Barton Bendish and Broughton on a very warm day under a cloudless blue sky.
Out of the 255 finishers, Ryan Jones was the first member home from Fenland, finishing 9th overall with a splendid time of 1:24:52.
Steve Bennington managed a PB with a time of 1:46:53 and 102nd overall.
Other results are: André Pittock 1:38:38 (52nd); Paul Wiegand 1:41:47 (67th); Nigel Seale 1:42:48 (74th); Paul Griffin 1:46:22 (98th); Andy Wicklen 1:55:00 (145th); Jane Greenwood 1:55:50 (147th and 1st LV60) and Melissa Millward 2:35:30 (246th).
You may also want to watch:
The marathon took place yesterday (September 2).
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic