Fenland Runners travel to Oxborough for 13 mile half marathon
- Credit: Archant
Nine members of the Fenland Running Club travelled to the historic village of Oxborough in Norfolk to take part in the Wissey Half Marathon of mroe than 13 miles.
Starting and finishing in the village, the course meandered through the villages of Eastmoor, Beachamwell, Barton Bendish and Broughton on a very warm day under a cloudless blue sky.
Out of the 255 finishers, Ryan Jones was the first member home from Fenland, finishing 9th overall with a splendid time of 1:24:52.
Steve Bennington managed a PB with a time of 1:46:53 and 102nd overall.
Other results are: André Pittock 1:38:38 (52nd); Paul Wiegand 1:41:47 (67th); Nigel Seale 1:42:48 (74th); Paul Griffin 1:46:22 (98th); Andy Wicklen 1:55:00 (145th); Jane Greenwood 1:55:50 (147th and 1st LV60) and Melissa Millward 2:35:30 (246th).
You may also want to watch:
The marathon took place yesterday (September 2).
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack