Fenland runners impress at different events
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND Running Club competitors produced a host of outstanding performances last week.
In-form Marie Irlam came second in the ladies category of the Littleport Leisure 10km multi-terrain race on Sunday.
She smashed her personal best by nearly two minutes to finish in 42 minutes four seconds.
Colin Ferguson came out on top in the Vets-60 category in 43 minutes seven seconds and Sarah Gauvin was first lady Vet-35 fo finish, crossing the line in 43 minutes 50 seconds.
Full results: Maire Irlam 42.04(PB); Colin Ferguson 43.07; Sarah Gauvin 43.50; Adam Chown 46.27; Paul Weigand 46.27; David Brammer 47.24; Paulina Zub 50.57.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow club member Matt Pyatt, 36, came home with a bronze medal in a strong field at the Cambridgeshire open mile championships in St Ives.
Competing against mostly youngsters, some more than half his age, he finished third in a superb time of four minutes 45 seconds.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
The Walpole St Andrew athlete has enjoyed an impressive season, which has included breaking a 21 year old club record in the Marathon.