Fenland runners impress at different events
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND Running Club competitors produced a host of outstanding performances last week.
In-form Marie Irlam came second in the ladies category of the Littleport Leisure 10km multi-terrain race on Sunday.
She smashed her personal best by nearly two minutes to finish in 42 minutes four seconds.
Colin Ferguson came out on top in the Vets-60 category in 43 minutes seven seconds and Sarah Gauvin was first lady Vet-35 fo finish, crossing the line in 43 minutes 50 seconds.
Full results: Maire Irlam 42.04(PB); Colin Ferguson 43.07; Sarah Gauvin 43.50; Adam Chown 46.27; Paul Weigand 46.27; David Brammer 47.24; Paulina Zub 50.57.
Fellow club member Matt Pyatt, 36, came home with a bronze medal in a strong field at the Cambridgeshire open mile championships in St Ives.
Competing against mostly youngsters, some more than half his age, he finished third in a superb time of four minutes 45 seconds.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
The Walpole St Andrew athlete has enjoyed an impressive season, which has included breaking a 21 year old club record in the Marathon.