Fenland runners impress at different events
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND Running Club competitors produced a host of outstanding performances last week.
In-form Marie Irlam came second in the ladies category of the Littleport Leisure 10km multi-terrain race on Sunday.
She smashed her personal best by nearly two minutes to finish in 42 minutes four seconds.
Colin Ferguson came out on top in the Vets-60 category in 43 minutes seven seconds and Sarah Gauvin was first lady Vet-35 fo finish, crossing the line in 43 minutes 50 seconds.
Full results: Maire Irlam 42.04(PB); Colin Ferguson 43.07; Sarah Gauvin 43.50; Adam Chown 46.27; Paul Weigand 46.27; David Brammer 47.24; Paulina Zub 50.57.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow club member Matt Pyatt, 36, came home with a bronze medal in a strong field at the Cambridgeshire open mile championships in St Ives.
Competing against mostly youngsters, some more than half his age, he finished third in a superb time of four minutes 45 seconds.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
The Walpole St Andrew athlete has enjoyed an impressive season, which has included breaking a 21 year old club record in the Marathon.