Fenland runners impress at different events
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND Running Club competitors produced a host of outstanding performances last week.
In-form Marie Irlam came second in the ladies category of the Littleport Leisure 10km multi-terrain race on Sunday.
She smashed her personal best by nearly two minutes to finish in 42 minutes four seconds.
Colin Ferguson came out on top in the Vets-60 category in 43 minutes seven seconds and Sarah Gauvin was first lady Vet-35 fo finish, crossing the line in 43 minutes 50 seconds.
Full results: Maire Irlam 42.04(PB); Colin Ferguson 43.07; Sarah Gauvin 43.50; Adam Chown 46.27; Paul Weigand 46.27; David Brammer 47.24; Paulina Zub 50.57.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow club member Matt Pyatt, 36, came home with a bronze medal in a strong field at the Cambridgeshire open mile championships in St Ives.
Competing against mostly youngsters, some more than half his age, he finished third in a superb time of four minutes 45 seconds.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
The Walpole St Andrew athlete has enjoyed an impressive season, which has included breaking a 21 year old club record in the Marathon.