Fenland runners sign off winter season in style at final Frostbite Friendly League race
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS from across the Fens signed off another season of winter racing by conquering the final cross-country course in the Frostbite Friendly League.
March Athletic Club took one junior and 18 senior members to Hinchingbrooke Park on Sunday, while Fenland Running Club had 13 representatives.
Pete West (38th, 32:52) was the first March runner to complete the 5.2mile slog and he was followed home by Jason Perring (56th, 33:37) and Wayne Stimson (66th, 34:28). Debra Wait (93rd, 35:41) was March’s first lady to finish.
Matt Pyatt (8th, 29:13) was Fenland RC’s star as he finished eighth out of 344 runners. He was handed the club’s award for the men’s runner of the series, while Ann Trett took the ladies’ award.
Meanwhile, Fenland RC members were also picking up prizes at the Wymondham Athletic Club 20-miler.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Chessor (2:15.51) stormed home in perfect weather conditions, winning the ladies’ race and finishing almost eight minutes ahead of her nearest rival. The club’s male vets team were also victorious in their category.
March AC’s Geraldine Emmins conquered the Wymondham course as she continued her preparations for the London Marathon.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
Her club-mates Simon Oldfield, who finished 13th in the Swavesey Half Marathon, and Andy Goakes, who competed in the Silverstone Half Marathon, were also in impressive form.