Fenland runners sign off winter season in style at final Frostbite Friendly League race
- Credit: Archant
RUNNERS from across the Fens signed off another season of winter racing by conquering the final cross-country course in the Frostbite Friendly League.
March Athletic Club took one junior and 18 senior members to Hinchingbrooke Park on Sunday, while Fenland Running Club had 13 representatives.
Pete West (38th, 32:52) was the first March runner to complete the 5.2mile slog and he was followed home by Jason Perring (56th, 33:37) and Wayne Stimson (66th, 34:28). Debra Wait (93rd, 35:41) was March’s first lady to finish.
Matt Pyatt (8th, 29:13) was Fenland RC’s star as he finished eighth out of 344 runners. He was handed the club’s award for the men’s runner of the series, while Ann Trett took the ladies’ award.
Meanwhile, Fenland RC members were also picking up prizes at the Wymondham Athletic Club 20-miler.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy Chessor (2:15.51) stormed home in perfect weather conditions, winning the ladies’ race and finishing almost eight minutes ahead of her nearest rival. The club’s male vets team were also victorious in their category.
March AC’s Geraldine Emmins conquered the Wymondham course as she continued her preparations for the London Marathon.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
Her club-mates Simon Oldfield, who finished 13th in the Swavesey Half Marathon, and Andy Goakes, who competed in the Silverstone Half Marathon, were also in impressive form.