Fenland runners take on Wissey Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
TWELVE Fenland Running Club members competed in the Ryston Runners Wissey Half Marathon yesterday.
The race, which is set in and around Oxborough, attracted a field of 276 finishers.
The runners, who are busy preparing for the Round Norfolk Relay later this month, relished the challenge of the testing uphill course in warm, windy conditions.
First home were Paul Arnold and Richard Hammond, who ran a personal best by a minute, both clocking one hour 28.33 minutes in 32nd and 33rd place.
Colin Ferguson finished fourth in the vet-60 category, virtually matching his time from a decade ago.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Veenendaal, who finished 213th in two hours one minute and two seconds, and Julie Garner, who came 223rd in two hours three minutes and 57 seconds, smashed their personal bests by ten and eight minutes respectively.
Full results: Paul Arnold 32nd 1.28.33; Richard Hammond 33rd 1.28.33; Colin Ferguson 75th 1.37.31; Paul Wiegand 78th 1.37.40; Richard Betts 96th 1.39.32; Andre Pittock 115th 1.43.24; Justin Showell 128th 1.45.00;
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
Sarah Gauvin 129th 1.45.29; Dave Brammer 137th 1.47.07; Paul Denwood 161st 1.51.37; Tracy Veenendaal 213th 2.01.02; Julie Garner 223rd 2.03.57.