Fenland runners take on Wissey Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
TWELVE Fenland Running Club members competed in the Ryston Runners Wissey Half Marathon yesterday.
The race, which is set in and around Oxborough, attracted a field of 276 finishers.
The runners, who are busy preparing for the Round Norfolk Relay later this month, relished the challenge of the testing uphill course in warm, windy conditions.
First home were Paul Arnold and Richard Hammond, who ran a personal best by a minute, both clocking one hour 28.33 minutes in 32nd and 33rd place.
Colin Ferguson finished fourth in the vet-60 category, virtually matching his time from a decade ago.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Veenendaal, who finished 213th in two hours one minute and two seconds, and Julie Garner, who came 223rd in two hours three minutes and 57 seconds, smashed their personal bests by ten and eight minutes respectively.
Full results: Paul Arnold 32nd 1.28.33; Richard Hammond 33rd 1.28.33; Colin Ferguson 75th 1.37.31; Paul Wiegand 78th 1.37.40; Richard Betts 96th 1.39.32; Andre Pittock 115th 1.43.24; Justin Showell 128th 1.45.00;
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
Sarah Gauvin 129th 1.45.29; Dave Brammer 137th 1.47.07; Paul Denwood 161st 1.51.37; Tracy Veenendaal 213th 2.01.02; Julie Garner 223rd 2.03.57.