Fenland Runners gain personal bests at Cambridge Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland Runners beat the ‘Beast from the East’ and secured a plethora of personal bests at the Cambridge Half Marathon.
Hannah Ryan who is training for the Brighton Marathon, in memory of her father, wiped off a shattering eight minutes from her personal best.
All 26 Fenland runners braved the cold and drizzle to run the 13 mile one lap course starting from Midsummer Common taking in the city centre, Trumpington and Grantchester.
First Male Fenland runner home was Ryan Jones who came in with amazing time of 1.21.28 (PB) by 2.5 minutes.
First female Fenland runner was Emma Smith 1:57:12 also with (PB). Rod Sinnott 1:27:54 (PB), Stuart Follen 1:30:37 (PB), Paul Griffin 1:32:04, Graham Millham 1:36:40, Nigel Seale 1:38:04 (PB), David Brammer 1:42:09, Steve Bennington 1:57:26, Aaron Petts 1:58:14 (PB), Neil Bailey 1:58:14, Jane Clarke 1:58:46 (PB), Stacie Youngs 2:01:32 (PB),
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Ryan 2:04:40 (PB), Larissa Follen 2:09:55, Gemma Read 2:10:26, Carly Read 2:10:26, Vani Selvina Mauremootoo 2:11:16 first half marathon, Beth Moore 2.14:28 (PB), Joanne Clarke 2:13:48, Gilly Anderson 2:16:53, Judy Seale 2:16:57 first half marathon, Lucy Hicks 2:16:59, Tiffany Ward 2:18:28, Denise Griffin 2:32:49, Sally King and husband Ian King 2:51:27.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years