Fenland Runners gain personal bests at Cambridge Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland Runners beat the ‘Beast from the East’ and secured a plethora of personal bests at the Cambridge Half Marathon.
Hannah Ryan who is training for the Brighton Marathon, in memory of her father, wiped off a shattering eight minutes from her personal best.
All 26 Fenland runners braved the cold and drizzle to run the 13 mile one lap course starting from Midsummer Common taking in the city centre, Trumpington and Grantchester.
First Male Fenland runner home was Ryan Jones who came in with amazing time of 1.21.28 (PB) by 2.5 minutes.
First female Fenland runner was Emma Smith 1:57:12 also with (PB). Rod Sinnott 1:27:54 (PB), Stuart Follen 1:30:37 (PB), Paul Griffin 1:32:04, Graham Millham 1:36:40, Nigel Seale 1:38:04 (PB), David Brammer 1:42:09, Steve Bennington 1:57:26, Aaron Petts 1:58:14 (PB), Neil Bailey 1:58:14, Jane Clarke 1:58:46 (PB), Stacie Youngs 2:01:32 (PB),
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Ryan 2:04:40 (PB), Larissa Follen 2:09:55, Gemma Read 2:10:26, Carly Read 2:10:26, Vani Selvina Mauremootoo 2:11:16 first half marathon, Beth Moore 2.14:28 (PB), Joanne Clarke 2:13:48, Gilly Anderson 2:16:53, Judy Seale 2:16:57 first half marathon, Lucy Hicks 2:16:59, Tiffany Ward 2:18:28, Denise Griffin 2:32:49, Sally King and husband Ian King 2:51:27.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom