Fenland Runners gain personal bests at Cambridge Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
The Fenland Runners beat the ‘Beast from the East’ and secured a plethora of personal bests at the Cambridge Half Marathon.
Hannah Ryan who is training for the Brighton Marathon, in memory of her father, wiped off a shattering eight minutes from her personal best.
All 26 Fenland runners braved the cold and drizzle to run the 13 mile one lap course starting from Midsummer Common taking in the city centre, Trumpington and Grantchester.
First Male Fenland runner home was Ryan Jones who came in with amazing time of 1.21.28 (PB) by 2.5 minutes.
First female Fenland runner was Emma Smith 1:57:12 also with (PB). Rod Sinnott 1:27:54 (PB), Stuart Follen 1:30:37 (PB), Paul Griffin 1:32:04, Graham Millham 1:36:40, Nigel Seale 1:38:04 (PB), David Brammer 1:42:09, Steve Bennington 1:57:26, Aaron Petts 1:58:14 (PB), Neil Bailey 1:58:14, Jane Clarke 1:58:46 (PB), Stacie Youngs 2:01:32 (PB),
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Ryan 2:04:40 (PB), Larissa Follen 2:09:55, Gemma Read 2:10:26, Carly Read 2:10:26, Vani Selvina Mauremootoo 2:11:16 first half marathon, Beth Moore 2.14:28 (PB), Joanne Clarke 2:13:48, Gilly Anderson 2:16:53, Judy Seale 2:16:57 first half marathon, Lucy Hicks 2:16:59, Tiffany Ward 2:18:28, Denise Griffin 2:32:49, Sally King and husband Ian King 2:51:27.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers