Fenland Running Club and March AC out in force at King’s Lynn Park Run while duo shine at Manchester Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club and March AC staged a mini King’s Lynn invasion on Saturday.
Runners from the two clubs (47 from FRC and 20 from March AC) made up more than a quarter of the field at the King’s Lynn Park Run.
Two other FRC members took on the Manchester Marathon. Out of 7,808 finishers, Ryan Jones was 356th in 2.57.11. Rod Sinnott was 1,219th in 3.16.06.
Tom Richards was the sole FRC runner at the Bungay Black Dog Running Club Half Marathon on Sunday. In his second ever half marathon. Richards was 59th in a field of 502. He knocked two minutes off his previous best to finish in 1.37.47.
March AC athlete Luke Gardner blew away his competition in the annual Sandy 3k race.
You may also want to watch:
Heavy competition could not stop Gardner from claiming his first race win. He finished in a time of 12 minutes 36 seconds.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police