Fenland Running Club and March AC out in force at King’s Lynn Park Run while duo shine at Manchester Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club and March AC staged a mini King’s Lynn invasion on Saturday.
Runners from the two clubs (47 from FRC and 20 from March AC) made up more than a quarter of the field at the King’s Lynn Park Run.
Two other FRC members took on the Manchester Marathon. Out of 7,808 finishers, Ryan Jones was 356th in 2.57.11. Rod Sinnott was 1,219th in 3.16.06.
Tom Richards was the sole FRC runner at the Bungay Black Dog Running Club Half Marathon on Sunday. In his second ever half marathon. Richards was 59th in a field of 502. He knocked two minutes off his previous best to finish in 1.37.47.
March AC athlete Luke Gardner blew away his competition in the annual Sandy 3k race.
Heavy competition could not stop Gardner from claiming his first race win. He finished in a time of 12 minutes 36 seconds.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home