Fenland Running Club and March AC out in force at King’s Lynn Park Run while duo shine at Manchester Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club and March AC staged a mini King’s Lynn invasion on Saturday.
Runners from the two clubs (47 from FRC and 20 from March AC) made up more than a quarter of the field at the King’s Lynn Park Run.
Two other FRC members took on the Manchester Marathon. Out of 7,808 finishers, Ryan Jones was 356th in 2.57.11. Rod Sinnott was 1,219th in 3.16.06.
Tom Richards was the sole FRC runner at the Bungay Black Dog Running Club Half Marathon on Sunday. In his second ever half marathon. Richards was 59th in a field of 502. He knocked two minutes off his previous best to finish in 1.37.47.
March AC athlete Luke Gardner blew away his competition in the annual Sandy 3k race.
You may also want to watch:
Heavy competition could not stop Gardner from claiming his first race win. He finished in a time of 12 minutes 36 seconds.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium