Fenland Running Club edge ahead of rivals March AC after Whitemoor winter race
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club gained the narrowest of leads over local rivals March Athletics Club after the fourth round cross country races in the Frostbite League at Whitemoor Prison in March.
At the start of the day, both Fenland RC and March AC had 21 points, but after Sunday’s race – hosted by March – Fenland nudged just one point ahead for the scores stand at 26 to 25.
Crucial to this success was the return to race fitness of Martin Jennings, who led the team home in 35th in an impressive 33:20 over five muddy miles.
Rod Sinnott’s solid race (67th, 35:17) was supported by a resurgent Stuart Follen only four seconds behind and Tim Chapman played a supporting role in fourth (82nd, 35:46).
The ladies also performed well with Mel Trayford showing the way (121st, 37:36), but chased all the way by Jay Gilbert (217th, 41:16) and Sarah Gauvin (239th, 42:08).
You may also want to watch:
Full results: Martin Jennings 35th 33:20; Rod Sinnott 67th 35:17; Stuart Follen 69th 35:21; Tim Chapman 82nd 35:46; Tony Moore 93rd 36:20; Tom Richards 99th 36:37; Mel Trayford 121st 37:36; John Chapman 160th 39:05; Max Pearson 177th 39:53; Ian Milburn 210th 40:56; Jay Gilbert 217th 41:16; Alan Bird 218th 41:17; Sarah Gauvin 239th 42:08; Marc Martin 252nd 43:12; Ian King 254th 43:16; Paulina Zub 262nd 43:35; Michelle Gilbert 295th 45:14; Paskey Ruggiero 327th 47:15; Larissa Follen 334th 47:44; Jane Greenwood 350th 48:51; Tracy Farr 352nd 49:06; Sam Lyddiatt 365th 49:55; Cheryl Chapman 367th 50:01; Tracey Howard 403rd 52:31; Stephen Brunton 407th 53:09; Stephanie Clark 420th 54:28; Carol Slater-Garner 425th 55:34; Hannah Ryan 430th 57:43; Sandra Rhodes 448th 64:08; Sally King 449th 64:12; Gill Holmes 455th 69:20.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle