Fenland Running Club take part in the scenic course of the Stamford Valentine’s 30K
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club took part in the Stamford Striders 25th annual Valentines 30k which is recognised as one of the toughest courses available to local runners.
The scenic rural course is undulating throughout making the 18.6 miles a challenge for even the best of seasoned runners.
With blustery winds, 13 Fenland Running Club members took part on Sunday.
Nicky Jennings was 1st club female home in 2:27:02, sixth in her age category and achieving a personal best.
Martin Jennings was first club male home in 2:00:18 also achieving a personal best.
You may also want to watch:
Other achievements included Sean Connolly achieving a personal best along with Carol Bowett, whilst Jon Rowell smashed 30 minutes of his previous personal best in 2016.
Jane Greenwood triumphed once again in the age category coming an impressive second place.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
Full race results:- Martin Jennings 25th 2:00:18, Sean Connolly 101st 2:15:36(PB), Paul Griffin 136th 2:22:05, Nicky Jennings 175th 2:27:02(PB), Sarah Gauvin 231st 2:33:36, Carol Bowett 292nd 2:41:04(PB), Jon Rowell 358th 2:49:55(PB), Jane Clarke 386th 2:53:43, Jane Greenwood 394th 2:54:35, Ian King 447th 3:03:45, Tracy Adams 532nd 3:18:02, Joanne Clarke 552nd 3:23:10, Gilly Anderson 588th 3:40:45.