Fenland Running Club take part in the scenic course of the Stamford Valentine’s 30K
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club took part in the Stamford Striders 25th annual Valentines 30k which is recognised as one of the toughest courses available to local runners.
The scenic rural course is undulating throughout making the 18.6 miles a challenge for even the best of seasoned runners.
With blustery winds, 13 Fenland Running Club members took part on Sunday.
Nicky Jennings was 1st club female home in 2:27:02, sixth in her age category and achieving a personal best.
Martin Jennings was first club male home in 2:00:18 also achieving a personal best.
You may also want to watch:
Other achievements included Sean Connolly achieving a personal best along with Carol Bowett, whilst Jon Rowell smashed 30 minutes of his previous personal best in 2016.
Jane Greenwood triumphed once again in the age category coming an impressive second place.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
Full race results:- Martin Jennings 25th 2:00:18, Sean Connolly 101st 2:15:36(PB), Paul Griffin 136th 2:22:05, Nicky Jennings 175th 2:27:02(PB), Sarah Gauvin 231st 2:33:36, Carol Bowett 292nd 2:41:04(PB), Jon Rowell 358th 2:49:55(PB), Jane Clarke 386th 2:53:43, Jane Greenwood 394th 2:54:35, Ian King 447th 3:03:45, Tracy Adams 532nd 3:18:02, Joanne Clarke 552nd 3:23:10, Gilly Anderson 588th 3:40:45.