Fenland Running Club ladies trio shine at Grunty Fen Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club trio Maire Irlam, Sarah Gauvin and Nicky Jennings claimed the Ladies Team prize at the Ely Runners Grunty Fen Half Marathon on Sunday.
In a field of 524 runners, Irlam was second lady vet-45 and third in the Cambs County Championship element of the race.
Results: Martin Jennings 31st, 1.24.56; Tim Chapman 86th, 1.35.54; Maire Irlam 101st, 1.37.37; Paul Weigand 126th, 1.39.24; Sarah Gauvin 136th, 1.40.22; Nicky Jennings 196th, 1.45.26; Leanne Rickett 1.46.56.
Further afield, Colin Simpson took part in the Ashbourne Half Marathon in the Peak District, finishing as first vet-60 in 1.45.15.
Eleven March AC runners also too part in the annual Grunty Fen half marathon.
First home for the club was Andrew Larham (1.31.31) in 61st. Geraldine Larham was first lady home with a personal best of (1.37.00) in 105th.
Results: Justin Elvidge 1.41.45, 152nd; Harry Littlemore 1.42.22, 155th; Brian Harding 1.46.59, 211th; Dawn Veal 2.03.46, 393rd; Stephen Cowell 2.05.51, 407th; Amy Ellis 2.07.11, 413th; Michelle Seward 2.11.06, 436th; Lavinia Seward 2.19.24, 474th; Pat Brown 3.08.31, 523rd.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash