Fenland Running Club ladies trio shine at Grunty Fen Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club trio Maire Irlam, Sarah Gauvin and Nicky Jennings claimed the Ladies Team prize at the Ely Runners Grunty Fen Half Marathon on Sunday.
In a field of 524 runners, Irlam was second lady vet-45 and third in the Cambs County Championship element of the race.
Results: Martin Jennings 31st, 1.24.56; Tim Chapman 86th, 1.35.54; Maire Irlam 101st, 1.37.37; Paul Weigand 126th, 1.39.24; Sarah Gauvin 136th, 1.40.22; Nicky Jennings 196th, 1.45.26; Leanne Rickett 1.46.56.
Further afield, Colin Simpson took part in the Ashbourne Half Marathon in the Peak District, finishing as first vet-60 in 1.45.15.
Eleven March AC runners also too part in the annual Grunty Fen half marathon.
You may also want to watch:
First home for the club was Andrew Larham (1.31.31) in 61st. Geraldine Larham was first lady home with a personal best of (1.37.00) in 105th.
Results: Justin Elvidge 1.41.45, 152nd; Harry Littlemore 1.42.22, 155th; Brian Harding 1.46.59, 211th; Dawn Veal 2.03.46, 393rd; Stephen Cowell 2.05.51, 407th; Amy Ellis 2.07.11, 413th; Michelle Seward 2.11.06, 436th; Lavinia Seward 2.19.24, 474th; Pat Brown 3.08.31, 523rd.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations