Fenland Running Club secure impressive sub-hour times in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Members of Fenland Running Club (FRC) were in impressive form recently.
Over 600 runners took part in the Sublime Midsummer 10k through Ferry Meadows in Peterborough, with three FRC athletes finishing all within an hour on the mainly flat course.
Adrian Searle was first home for FRC in a time of 52:59 and 211th out of 622 runners, followed by Sarah Gauvin with 55:15 and 260th overall and Rachael Nichols in 58:44, who finished 344th.
On Sunday, nine FRC runners took on the mixed terrain of the Abbey 10k, which delivered some personal bests.
In a field of 395, Nigel Seale was the first FRC male home in 42:54 and Jac Richards the first FRC female with 56:59.
FRC RESULTS (Abbey 10k)
Nigel Seale (45th, 42:54); Steve Bennington (74th, 45:55); Gary Clifford (79th, 46:51); Peter Lunt, 122nd, 49:38); Adrian Searle (199th, 55:18); Jac Richards (219th, 56:59); Rachael Nichols (244th, 58:50); Sarah
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
Rippon (341st, 1:08:07); Gilly Anderson (359th, 1:10:10).